Facial Hair

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by WDbeej, Jan 13, 2014.

1. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

So after 25 years of having a full beard and mustache, I got curious and shaved it all off. My wife and 16 year old daughter had never seen my chin before. Reviews from immediate family were not positive. Both wife and daughter say I've lost intimidation factor. Peers and boss say I look twenty years younger. Comment from one of my employees, "Nice face". Do not know how I'm supposed to take that.

What are your thoughts on facial hair? Do you sport the fuzz or are you clean as a baby's bottom?

2. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Had the beard and 'stache for 15 years this time. I don't see me shaving it off any time soon.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yep, I mix it up, sometimes clean shaven but now have moustache and goatee. At least with facial hair no one bumps into you and says "'Cuse me, ma'am"! :D

4. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Arrr, a sailor without facial hair? I keep a little fuzz

5. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Although its white as snow, Im keeping mine ,they will bury me with it.

My grandkids wouldnt know me.

Jim

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I'm a seasonal grower, beard in the winter, goatee or Van Dyke in the summer.

7. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Used to do beard and mustache in the winter, just mustache in the summer. Quit doing the
    winter beard a few years ago when my job became 100% inside.

Shaved the mustache off once. I think it was around 1985. Dog growled, cat ran under the
    couch--wife muttered something about me no longer "tickling her fancy".

Grew it back.

8. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

After 13 years of being a Marine and keeping a clean shave, I grew a goatee upon retirement. The wife hated it, so I decided this year I would experiment with her levels of hatred and go with the no shave November theme and grow the full beard. I hated it so I am just keeping the goatee at the moment, but I have not heard a single complaint from the wife since my beard experiment.

9. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

No remembers with me without a full beard, mustache. While it's not much, it's all I have.

My daughter said, that when I die, she wants to have me shaved so she can see what I look like.
    I think I would look like I'm dead, but whatever.

10. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Winter Beard, Summer Goatee, clean shave for a change up Mustache always.

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

Active duty. No facial hair for me. I've done the Hitler-stash thing. Isn't for me.

I get out in 2-3 years. You better bet I'll have a beard within a week of separating. My wife isn't such a fan...

12. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Grew a beard in 1978 when I got out of the marines. Been there ever since.

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had a mustache for over 20 years. It turned gray everywhere but in the middle. I didn't care until I saw myself in the mirror from across the room. I realized in a moment that I looked like Hitler. I shaved it off the same day. My wife likes me better without it. I get more kisses now.:D

14. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Beard all the time. Did the goatee thing awhile back. ZG likes the beard!:)

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Most I will do is 2 or 3 days. Funny...my three year old daughter will push me away when I kiss her check if I have stubble. She tells me no then makes a sour face. :rolleyes:

16. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Beard the **** up!

All I got to says about that.

17. opaww

opaww New Member

I grow it just for winter then shave in the spring

18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I have had a mustache since I got out of service in 1972. Had it for years. I did shave it off for around a week years ago maybe 1986. And when I did it you might know! The Department had a photographer walk in the second day to take Agency Photos of all the officers and the staff! Can you believe that! I grew it back the next week and never have shaved it off since. My present wife of 25 years has never seen me without my stach! I still maintain the LE Requirement of it can not be down below the corner of my mouth but it is slightly bushy. I do not like the neat trimmed or hitler type mustaches. Do not plan on shaving it anytime in the future! Although, when I did shave it off for that week I had one person advised I did looked younger. But most think it adds a strong presence and that of "maturity" not that at my age I am impressed with that thought! But satisfied with the mustache. Not sure I could grow a good beard? Never had one and always thougt it might be a little scarce in some areas of my face??? Maybe someday when I retire!

19. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

i've had a beard and mustache for 45 years. I couldn't imagine cutting it off. I have two grown children, two ex-wives, numerous ex-girlfriends, friends and family who have never seen my face. It's gone from reddish brown to white. It makes me look old, but then again, I am. good luck

20. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I've had my beard since May 14, 1976.
    I shaved it off twice. Once to surprise my mom. She said I could grow it back.
    Second time was when my oldest was about 9 months old. She screamed and wouldn't come near me for days.
    Both times it started back the next day.