Fa ps90

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by 1911love, Dec 14, 2013.

1. 1911love

1911love New Member

I was at a gun show today and heard something I've never heard and am not sure of. A guy there said he had a FA PS90. I asked if he was a 07/02 and he said no. I then asked how he did it legally. He said a RDIAS. This confused the crap out of me because the P90 didn't exist before May '86. He claimed a RDIAS registered as a sub machine gun was legal to drop in the trigger pack.

I think he was full of sh!t. Just like the FNC sears can't be put in a SCAR 16S according to the ATF, wouldn't this be about the same? Does anyone know if a PS90 can be made legally FA or was this guy talking out of his a$$?

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he's full if it. The RDIAS would still have to have been made before 86 to be transferable. At least I'm pretty sure it would.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my understanding is that unless you are military or LE, and unless it was legally transfered before 1986, it is not a legal NFA FA firearm for a civilian to own.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Isn't the sear the NFA item just like a lightening link?

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Full of it. Probably an ATF plant trying to get someone to do the same thing and win an all expenses paid trip to club fed

6. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

Was this at the Ft. Meyers show today?

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

Tallahassee.

8. 1911love

1911love New Member

He claimed a RDIAS registered as a SMG that is in the registry was legal to drop in. I always thought a RDIAS had to registered in said caliber and had to be registered to said platform. I'm pretty sure that's why the FNC sear can't be used in the SCAR 16S. I'm also pretty sure the ATF said the FNC sear can only be used in an FNC, not a PS90 either.

I doubt he was ATF. He's a vendor I've seen many times at the shows. I still think he was full of it, I'd just like to know for sure. If he's not full of it, a PS90 might be in my future.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it is.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Not ATF, one of ATF's mentally challenged "informants"