Eye Pain from shooting?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skyhawk, Feb 27, 2011.

1. skyhawk

skyhawk New Member

I'm just curious if any of you have had eye pain after going to the range. Last week I went and everything seemed normal, but the next day I noticed some pain above my left eye. After a week I went to the doctor mainly thinking perhaps sinus congestion was the issue. Turns out that's not the problem and I haven't had any injury so I'm just interested if this has ever happened to you.

2. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Nope, never happened to me.

I DO get eye pain when I see this................

Attached Files:

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nope, no eye pain.

4. freefall

freefall New Member

Sounds pretty serious Sky, you'd better send me any guns you have. Wouldn't want to see you suffer.:p Seriously tho, Were you closing your left eye to shoot? Maybe you have a muscle cramp from squeezing your eye shut.

5. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

right-handed? squintin too hard maybe!;)

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Shooting in bright conditions? I had similar problem which effected both eyes, but mostly the left eye, until I went to dark shade shooting glasses. Problem was solved for me.

3 or so hours with right eye in higher magnification 56mm objective scope fatigued the right eye and made my left eye muscles really tense up after about 2 or so hours. Left eye felt the discomfort for up to two days afterwards right eye didn't bother so much.

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You won't have any eye pain if you take the spoon out of the cup. Wait, that is for drinking tea. ;)

8. skyhawk

skyhawk New Member

pandamonium-That picture does make my eyes hurt. As in my right eye starts to hurt :D

freefall-I do think a strain/muscle ache could be a problem especially since I can hardly see the crosshairs on one of the scopes I was using.

mrm14-That sounds about right, it was so bright I thought I was looking at snow (or was I?). I was also using a 4-16x56 for 4 hours.

And to everyone else the amusing comments truly are helpful...pain distraction ;)

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

what kind of shooting were ya doing?? ive heard of cases where folks have torn corneas from shooting high powered rifles incorrectly recievieng a blow to the eye socket from the scope

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

your scope isnt focused correctly if the xhairs are difficult to see. point the firearm skyward rotate the focal ring until the xhairs are in focus and easy to see then lock the ring down.

11. bkt

bkt New Member

I felt some pain above my eye before I moved the scope a little farther forward on a Remmy 700, but that's probably not what you meant. :D

No, normally there's no pain of any sort after shooting.

12. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Check these out. These are what I bought with 3 lens system. They make PT-3 as well but PT-1's fit me better. I use dark smoke lens in all sun out conditions. Resolution of target still perfect and see retilce fine.

Wiley X | Tactical Changeable - Pt-1

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011