Extremely Accurate Statistics...Or Not

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 1911love, Nov 28, 2012.

1. 1911love

1911love New Member

Ran across this web site today and almost puked and laughed at the same time. The filth they spew out is backed up by a lot of statistics from Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Go figure right. I always like to see what the enemy is up to and had never heard of these fools. The web site is smartgunlaws.org. I also loved their polls of "gun owners"!

2. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I tried to look at their website and when I got part of the way down and saw their gun law ratings I had to exit. I just could not believe what I saw. Stupid people actually have a website. :eek:

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Wow they really hate 50 cal rifles. My state got an F on their grad thingy. Made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Guys, I didn't get past the very first paragraph on their homepage before laughing out loud... Here's why...

Smartgunlaws.org says
    "On Election Day, the voters of Louisiana approved a ballot initiative that may make it easier for criminals to challenge the state’s gun laws in court. That NRA-sponsored initiative – the first of its kind in the nation – amended the state constitution’s right to bear arms provision to force courts considering state constitutional challenges to gun laws to apply “strict scrutiny,” the highest judicial standard.
    The new provision is outrageous because it will require courts to review laws under a certain standard, rather than letting them decide for themselves what standard to use, as they traditionally have done. Strict scrutiny is often described as “strict in theory, fatal in fact,” because the vast majority of laws subject to strict scrutiny are found to be unconstitutional. Even the Supreme Court has not advocated for the use of strict scrutiny in cases evaluating laws under the Second Amendment. Requiring such a high standard could jeopardize even modest laws to reduce gun violence in Louisiana. This is especially alarming in a state that, in 2010, had the second highest number of firearm deaths per capita."

I highlighted that part in red because as soon as I saw it I said to myself "And this is a problem? Getting rid of unconstitutional laws?"

That told me all I need to know. The site seems in favor of unconstitutionality as long as it's forwarding their agenda.

Yep, I'm done there.

5. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

yeah...sure are alot of crime commited with those.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I couldn't help myself, I looked through their site a little more. I literally gagged and puked. I freaking puked in my kitchen, I spewed vomit all over my floor and table. I retched until I was curled in the floor in pain.

The lies and filth, and opportunistic, nasty, filth made me sick. It made me violently ill.

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Really? I plan to use mine to hunt with, and for fun at the range. If I need a long gun to protect myself with, I'll use a 12 GA.

Really, I must have missed that. A Federal agency said that only 1% of all gun crimes are commited with something like an AR-15 or an AK

:rolleyes:

It must hurt to be this stupid.

8. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Stupidity such as this should leave visible scars to remind the stupid and to warn the intelligent.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Whoa Nelly!! I looked at my likes, and noticed this in my earlier post. I didn't even read past the part I highlighted earlier, but really?

Louisiana had the second highest number of firearm deaths per capita in 2010? Are they counting the animals killed during hunting season or something?

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

lots of confusing data. none of it relevent to the true facts. just what i would have suspected from a bunch of anti gun liberals, nonsense and illogical solutions and reasons!

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

You forgot the flat out lies.

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

"Assault weapons are a class of semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid and accurate spray firing."

They don't even seem able to recognize an oxymoron. Rapid and accurate SPRAY firing? Really? Only in movies and on TV.

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

California has one of the lowest gun death rates, and Alaska has one of the highest? WTF? In what world does that make sense? Last time I checked, California was the one with the major crime cess pools like LA.

14. Garadex

Garadex New Member

There is a city in my county called Stockton. It's got crazy huge crime rates. If it weren't for that city the rest of the county could get concealed carry permits. I am crazy paranoid every time I go there there a very few nice places.

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

what about Compton California, Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, ect.,,,

yes Trip, you are correct, the flat out lies!

16. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

My guess would be that they confued the words "animal attacks" with the words "firearm deaths". Either way, their site has this coming......

Attached Files:

17. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I can't grab the link on my phone.......Is that per capita? Mucho more peoples in Disneyland than AK.

18. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

My state got a D. And clearly they know nothing about firearm related deaths, must of mixed that up with animals that were hunted.

19. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The anti gun movement has had good luck attacking one class of arms at a time. They did it with small hand guns, Full autos, sawed off shotguns, handguns with remveable stocks, silencers. long magazines, pistolgrips. What did any of this have to do with gun crimes ?
    Don't laugh at these people they are going after a single class of firearms. They are very dangerous to gun rights.

20. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

Exactly they had nothing to do with gun crimes. I mean look how many crimes were committed in the last 50 years with a legally purchased fully automatic anyways?