Extractor problems?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by mopowerbmx, May 13, 2014.

1. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Shot the MAK90 for the first time in years today. Just trying to sight all my guns at 25 yards. I've periodically cleaned it trough the years and maybe shot it 100 times since the late 90s. I haven't had any issues with feeding. And I never really checked the brass. Check out the picture and tell me if I should be concerned. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1399987589.282175.jpg

2. therukh

therukh New Member

I wouldn't be. Did you have any problems? FTF's, FTE's or anything?

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

The blind.................

Look at the rim, some are verticle, some are angled............................

4. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Nope no problems ever. She runs like a champ. It could have been doing this ever since I got it but I just never really looked. I just happened to pick up the brass to throw it away. The ak has been a safe queen for awhile I just decided to shoot it today. I forgot how loud that thing was.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

its running fine. and those are steel cases anyway.. i wouldnt worry till it stopped running

6. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

They are actually brass. I just went out and shot some steel and they did the same. Some were fine. Yeah I don't reload so I'm not going to worry about it. But I have an even more important question. I am sighting it in today. I have no front sight tool so at 100 yards I had to set it at mark 3to get it on paper. At mark 2it was hitting five inches low. At 3 it is one inch low at 100 yds and two inches high at 50 yds Is hitting paper ok at 100 with AK or should I be closer to MOA consistently? ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1399996997.950643.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

that depends on the rifle. some can perform great. others not so great. mine takes all of my skill to maintain a shotgun pattern on a torso at 100yrds. i usually only shoot my ak out to 50 and try to keep em all on an 8in circle. so i know my setup is not that good. but its lots of fun.

i would say your doing just fine. being on paper at 100.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You might just need some trigger time. Guns are not one size fits all. The guns I own that I don't shoot a lot I don't shoot them as well as the guns I shoot all the time. I do better with my wifes Hi Point than I do with my AR. It's not because the AR is less accurate than the Hi Point. I just don't shoot it a whole lot. The AR is so loud it rattles the windows on the house and 9mm ammo is cheaper than 5.56 ammo. Shooting the 91/30 is a lot more fun if I am going to disturb everyone in the neighborhood.