extra mags

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by XDGirl, Aug 8, 2008.

1. XDGirl

XDGirl New Member

How many of you guys carry extra mags with you? And how many do you usually carry? I always carry one extar mag with me .

2. supergus

supergus New Member

I carry two spare 7 round mags with my SIG GSR 1911. Just imagine during a crisis, emptying the mag in the gun, grabbing your ONE spare, and you have a mag failure.:eek: It might be different if I had a hi cap gun, but I don't.

3. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

I always carry one spare on my person and more in the glove box.

I a bad neighborhood, I add two more to the belt and a second pistol.

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

With proper practice and training, you shouldn't need more than one magazine. It's good to carry a spare though in case something gets jammed up in the 1st one.

5. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Semi-auto, .45 acp, at least one mag, sometimes 2.
    Revolver, 7 shot .357, at least one speed strip, or speed loader.
    Revolver, 5 shot .38 spl., at least one speed strip or speed loader.

I never leave home without at least one reload. :cool:

6. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

+1

And for the XDSC, I carry an (2) extra mags - 16 rd'ers.;)
    Saw the original posters handle - so I am assuming you have an XD?

As the rest have pointed out, it is always better to "have and not need, than to need and not have".

Slo

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I always carry ( 2 ). Eight rounders for the full sized and Seven rounders for the 4.25"

No sense in having a gun run dry...

JD

8. glockfire

glockfire New Member

Usually carry an extra for the 23 but Im thinking I'll carry 2 for the 1911 when I get it.

9. right winger

right winger New Member

Extra Magazines

I carry two 15 round magazines.:)

10. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Extra mag carry?

Hello all

RON L here = SERE SURPLUS

Yes, I always carry an Extra Mag or two, Dependant on what weapons I carry? If I'm in the carry Mode with my ROCK ISLAND 1911A1 Clone Usually (2) 8 Round or Minumim (2) 7 RoUnd mags as well as the mag in the pistol! If I am carrying the M-95 Classic BHP Clone, I usually carry 1 mag in the Handgunand 1 extra apare thats all! I've not run dry the few times I ever had to use my sidearm and As this is usually a defensive deal, The handgun is usually to get time to get to the Shotgun, AK or other on gun? If on the street and way from my Home, yup, that's what I use and Have I have carried all over the world and it works for me, Your actual "Milage" might varry?

11. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I carry one magazine in my rifle and 7 extra magazines in a tactical vest, for a total of 210 initial rounds.

.................I don't think that counts, does it?

:D

12. cbw

cbw New Member

Two eight rounds to carry once I'm legal.....

13. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

You lookin' for a riot, Sarge? I carry 2 spare magazines in my console total of 31 rounds...

14. Defender

Defender New Member

Single stack pistol---2 extras
    Double stack pistol---1 extra

15. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

With proper training, one might very well be able to perform one of those "Matrix" backflips as the bullets creep harmlessly by, but we're talking real gunfights here.
    I carry at least 1 spare mag, 2 with the sub-compact.

16. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Standard US Army combat load.

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

14 in the gun, one 13 round magazine. If I need more than that, I'd better be thinking exit strategy.

18. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

...and to think this country was settled by men who carried single-shot pistols ! I find it enough of a chore to remember to strap on a gun and put on a jacket or long shirt to cover the holster . The chance I will need to reload is statistically slim, so I don't weigh myself down with extra magazines . I guess I like to live dangerously, venturing out with only 15 rounds to save me ( LOL) .

19. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I will carry a spare mag if at all possible. If something has to be left behind, be it the spare mag, flashlight, or knife, that will depend on where I'm going and the time of day.

20. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Well said sir.
    I always carry two extra mags no matter what handgun i'm carrying. If i'm going out of town, I take my Kimber .45 and six extra 8 rounders fully charged and an extra sixty rounds just in case the SHTF while i'm on the beach and I have to navigate and possibly fight my way back through the ensuing chaos in order to get home.