Extension Tube on Remington 870 Express.

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by VAGlocker, Nov 16, 2010.

1. VAGlocker

VAGlocker New Member

Hello,

I have just recently purchased the Remington 870 Express 12 gauge.

Wanted to know if there is an extension tube for additional shots?? I have attached a snap of the shotgun.

Also, any recommendations regarding what ammo to consider for home defense and range? I am not going to be doing much of hunting. :D

Thanks,
    XX

Attached Files:

2. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Midway Finland has Choate, DPMS, Nordic and Remington mag tube extensions, so I'd imagine Midway USA has them also.

3. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

You are going to have to remove the dimples in the mag tube that holds the spring and mag cap retainer - abortion that it is. Some bigwig's son must have come up with that. The old metal retainer and detent retained cap was 200% better.

4. powg

powg New Member

mag ext

they come in 2,3, 5 shot options .....to remove the mag tube detents ,just drill them out

5. powg

powg New Member

mag ext

forgot ...# 4 buckshot is a good choice for a defense load.more pellets than 00,000 buck

6. VAGlocker

VAGlocker New Member

.... but won't the pellets spread in a wide area?

7. powg

powg New Member

#4 buckshot from my gun

ive tricked my 870 express with tactical pistol grip stock.....sent barrell off to polychoke .barrell is now 20''with 9 different choke settings on it..#4 buck patterns 18''circle at 35yds.....perfect for defense.....when set between mod /full