Exquisite Spiderweb Obsidian Blade Knife with Special Deer Antler Handle

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by rp50817, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rp50817

rp50817 New Member

Crafted by Randy Porter, who has made and sold hundred of knives, this functional work of art is special. It measures 13 3/4-inches long in a straight line. It features a 7 1/4-inch Spiderweb Obsidian blade knapped by lithic artist Kenny Hull of Timberline Art, Sequim, WA. He is known for his sharp, paper-thin edgework, unique even flaking and close attention to detail. His blades are collected internationally. Large preforms of Spiderweb obsidian are difficult to find. It is generally used for arrowheads and smaller items. The blade is permanently attached to the Whitetail deer antler handle with industrial strength epoxy. It also is secured by a precise wrapping of dark brown sinew which gives it an an authentic appearance. The handle has been specially treated, finely sanded, polished and its end cap is polished bone beyond the burr. Contact Randy at rp50817@windstream.net or call 402-443-4947 or 402-304-1422. It comes with a seven-day, money-back guarantee. Buyer pays return shipping. While the knife could be used for field dressing game or other cutting, it is recommended only for display. For Forum members, it is $100 with free shipping. Supporting Members take an additional $5 off.

Attached Files:

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Another beautiful piece! I'm awe struck by this one!!

3. rp50817

rp50817 New Member

Thank you very much. I wish I could give members a better price, but I had to pay through the nose for such a large slab of Spiderweb obsidian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.