Explosive Door Breaching

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Amsdorf, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

So, what happens when you have a door that you don't want to breach by pounding on it, or kicking on it, and you want to cause the folks inside to be stunned and incapacitated?

One word: explosives!

While not used very often in a LEO environment, military units train to use explosives to unhinge a door and cause shock and disruption in the interior.

This door breaching demolition was conducted for gun media representatives, by Asymmetric Solutions in Farmington, Missouri.

Standard disclaimers:

Asymmetric is federally licensed to use and handle high explosives. Staff have been trained on the use of explosives in this and other situations. They do not teach this in any of their civilian classes. Everyone observing was at a very safe distance wearing hearing and eye protection, the camera was remotely operated, etc. You should ever try this. Never.

Obviously in a real-world scenario they would not light a fuze, but trigger it with a wireless detonation device. They also added a bit more det chord for a bit of a bigger blast.

But the interesting thing to notice is how surgically the blast cut away the hinged edge of the door, nice and neat!

Here's the video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs0XGj-4C-g[/ame]

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Det chord = fun.
    Looks like you had a blast.

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Used det cord, C4, RDX, PETN many times. Can think of any number of civilian applications. :cool:

4. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Tac teams for LE here in the Deep South use this stuff a lot. It's especially helpful for an outward opening door. They're much harder to breach with a standard breaching kit, especially if you can't get a vehicle close enough to use a strap or chain to rip the door off.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I suspect the victim of such a breach would find it a bit disconcerting at 2:45 in the morning. His neighbor, next door, might have some distress as well.

6. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

A cap, Duct tape and tootsie rolled C4 can cut honeycomb steal like a torch, looks much like the charge they stuck to that door. I wouldnt want to be inside when that went off, hopefully they are busting down the correct door!

We learned how to use det cord with a fuse to make a Uli Knot, very effective!

* APPENDIX M
    FIELD-EXPEDIENT BREACHING OF COMMON URBAN BARRIERS

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/90-10-1/appm.pdf

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

this is one of the many things that should never be in police inventory. police agencies should be restricted to the tools firearms and equipment available to the civilians they serve.

if a police chief thinks his swat team needs suppressed submachine guns and det cord the civilians should be able to get such items at wal-mart

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

He didn't even knock!

9. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Heh. When the thugs stop packing illegal fully autos we will too. When they stop building concrete basement bunkers and putting up steel bars and armored doors we might stop using det cord as well..

Incidentally I think you should be able to buy fully auto at Walmart. But that's a whole different topic.

It is important for the police to be as well armed or better than the criminals who try to take their lives and place the public in danger with their irresponsible activities.

10. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I can't use explosives.

My breach technique.

I sneeze on the door knob and when the next guy comes along, he get's distracted by the snot on his hand, I sneak in.

11. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

It is just important for citizens to be as well armed or better armed than criminals. Remember, when crime happens, it's the victim that's on the scene. Seldom is LE on the scene.

I'll go on record tat I support fully auto at Walmart!

12. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I'll agree with that. But the issue is NOT requiring law enforcement to downgrade their weapons and equipment.

It is requiring congress to quit violating the 2nd amendment and allow civilians to upgrade their weapons and equipment.

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You just made a new fan! :)

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Regarding the original post- I don't have everything they discussed.

I'm a little short on metal fence posts right now.

:p

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

My favorite breach method? Getting a tanker to drive his grocery getter through the wall.

16. 1911love

1911love New Member

LMFAO Trip!!! I love to hear grunts talk about that procedure they used in Afghanistan. Most say the tankers looked like their dreams had come true while doing this.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For some strange reason, the term "Get some, tank!" comes to mind....

18. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

This is how its done in Phoenix.................

Attached Files:

19. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

whaddya bet it was the wrong house :)

20. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

We used to have that happen in Germany all too often, not on purpose! Usually as an outcome of driving APCs through little towns with very narrow stone streets. Track Vehicles were made for fields and trails not roads, steering with Lats in tight places at 20 mph or more can lead to ooops! Luckily, most of their houses have very thick stone walls so they rarely cause injuries to those inside.

Back to the topic, I am not against LEO's having these tools, Im just against us not being allowed to have them! I wont re-argue the 2a in this thread, yall know why it was established and it wasnt for Hunting Wabbits! Additionally, LEO's just like citizens must be held 100% responsible for any collateral damage or injured nonparticipants in their incursion the same way a single soldier can be prosecuted for failures associated with their actions.