Exotic shotgun ammo?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by wldennis, Apr 29, 2010.

1. wldennis

wldennis New Member

Does anyone know a good website to purchase "exotic" shotgun ammo (flechette, buck and ball, ect...) in 3" rounds? I have found some, but most are 2 3/4 rounds.

2. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

All depends on what you want the shell to do. Give us a little more info and I am sure the guys on here will help you out.

3. Car54

Car54 New Member

Check sportsmansguide.com for Centurian brand. Manufactured in Italy I believe, they do have a slug/shot combo not sure about the 3" though.

4. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Flechettes are just steel shot with fins. May be devastating when fired out of a howitzer 2000 strong at 3000 FPS, but pretty lame out of a shotgun.

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Just curious but is there any reason buckshot or a slug won't do the trick?

6. wldennis

wldennis New Member

It definitely will. I was just looking to shoot some for the fun of it, not to have on hand for sd.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Exotic Shotgun Ammo
    I have not purchased from them, but a buddy has & found them acceptable.

8. Esteban

Esteban New Member

I have box of the flechettes , alone, that were included in box of stuff I bought . I have heard that some people mix these with shot when doing their own reloads. I, too, doubt their performance at anything but very close distances with nothing but flechettes.

9. Esteban

Esteban New Member

Double post deleted

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  10. wldennis

wldennis New Member

Thanks. They have a lot of variety on the site.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

A Flechette is a small dart shaped projectile, that is clustered in an explosive warhead, dropped in a missile from an airplane or fired from a hand held weapon. One unique application of this 1 1/2" Flechette was to load these in a 12 GA. shotgun for taking out snipers hiding in thick brush or trees. Due to the penetration of these projectiles, tree limbs and brush would not disperse the darts. Even if some were dispersed, this would still have an all-covering pattern within a tree or brush. Generally 20 darts in each. 2.75 rounds

LOL I think if your close enough to shot a SNIPER with these your either one hell of a stalker or your sniper is not a sniper.

12. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

deltaforce.com will have everything you desire ;)

13. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

i already have a link up to this site :)