Examples of the 2nd Amendment in Action?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by PrimePorkchop, Sep 17, 2012.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Having an online debate with an audience right now with an old school teacher of mine...he's taking quite the condescending approach, LOL, but he's still a good guy.

Curious, for the sake of this debate and ones in the future...anyone know of any instances, big or small, of the 2nd Amendment in action?

The only one I know of is the Battle of Athens...I could be wrong about this, but I have to believe there's more than one...

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Google firearm used to stop rapist, robber, self defense. That's the 2nd Amendment in action!

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Japan didn't invade the American mainland during WWII because we have the 2nd Amendment, and they knew most of the country was armed.

4. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

5. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Apologies I did mean to specify, i mean't to talk about the 2nd Amendment in Action for its origianlly intended purpose: To protect our freedoms against a tyrannical government.

The Battle of Athens is the only such occurrence I know of...and it's still not even taught in schools these days :(

6. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

I think he means more along the lines of, defending against tyranny from government.

7. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i do believe he was referrin to:

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin". -- Samuel Adams

and,

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

and,

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. " Abraham Lincoln.

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

By the grace of God it hasn't happened............yet!

9. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

correct =)

Except not quotes...just actual instances of it happening in history...maybe there is only 1...or maybe they've all been hidden?

10. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Tell them to just standby for a while. It probably won't be long now.

12. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

To me it is in action everyday and may be the only protection against a complete government take over in this day and age. New Orleans as we know was a prime example of what can happen when you disarm the people. It is a deterrent.

13. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Good point, I forgot about the Katrina disarmament.