Evolution vs Creation

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by WAREAGLE, May 28, 2009.

1. WAREAGLE

WAREAGLE New Member

Creationist here. Micro evolution? Sure I'll believe that. But anything more is just straight nonsense to me. I will never be as arrogant to say that man is the height of existence or that no intelligent design exists. I didn't come from primordial soup. I didn't come from a single cell organism that evolved billions:)rolleyes:) of years ago...

So what does everyone here think?

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I think this is a firearms forum.

Now my Smith and Wesson was created by Smith and Wesson.
    But the 1911 was created by our lord Browning.

At least so I've heard.:D

3. WAREAGLE

WAREAGLE New Member

true, but this is also the club house, a "General chit-chat forum for any topic under the sun."

but I still enjoyed the answer.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

No, no. The Smith and Wesson EVOLVED from the primordial soup of bamboo tubes filled with rocks and propelled by crude black powder.

The Prophet John (Browning) brought us the message from the Almighty in the form of a chunk of steel known as the 1911. The three commandments contained there in shall forever be known as condition 1, condition 2 and condition 3. Condition one being the overriding law that the inlightened shall abide by. The neophiles, uninlightened and timid may abide by one of the other conditions if they choose.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will bite.

I am kind of in the middle.

I believe that we did evolve from a lower form of life. There is to much evidence out there to not believe that. I also believe that there is some form of higher power at work. There has to be. Stuff just doesn't happen on it's own. I also believe that we are not the only living beings that wonder if they are alone in the cosmos. If we are alone then that would be an awful waste of space if you ask me. I truly believe that i have seen UFO's, spaceships what ever you want to call it. When something swoops down out of the clear sky hovers over an area and shoots out a blue light for 2 minutes then shoots straight up into the air at a speed no human craft can obtain it has to be from somewhere else.

I watched part of a show about the crystal skulls and the story goes that once all 13 skulls are found and brought together in one place that all mankind's problems will be solved. Also at that time they are to revile the origins of the human race and all life on earth I believe. They also said something about the fact that the human race still has some growing up to do and only when we are ready will they all be found.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Creationist, 100%. I look around this beautiful world and there is no way this all, just happen. I whole heartedly believe this place was created by God and one day he will return to take all His followers home.

7. spittinfire

Wasn't that the last india Jones movie?

8. user4

user4 New Member

Hot button topic. This should get out of hand shortly. Let's just agree to post our opinions on the subject without condemning another person's point of view, fair?

That being said, I believe the earth was created by God. I also believe that the earth is far older than 8 thousand years. I've seen dinosaur bones and fossils. I also believe that science and God are not mutually exclusive. God invented science. The knock against creationism is that the church decided to counter real science (God's creation) in favor of mythology.

As for evolution... Micro evolution is observable. Macro evolution is the atheist's mythology founded by a sailor named Darwin who noticed that the shells of certain turtles were different depending on their environmental conditions. To me this is the scientific equivalent of noticing that people in the south are darker skinned than people in the north. Yeah, duh!

9. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Huh... and where did you say you got those Rose-colored glasses again?

10. spittinfire

I read the Bible.

11. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

From South Park:

Ms. Garrison: Now I, for one, think evolution is a bunch of *bullcrap*! But I've been told I have to teach it to you anyway. It was thought up by Charles Darwin and it goes something like this...In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its......mutant fish hands... and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this. Retard frog-squirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... And then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey... and that made you!So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations!

:D classic

12. jng2985

jng2985 New Member

evolution. simple minute evidence, people that live in extreme elevations can survive with little oxygen. like the Sherpa's or w/e they are called who are basically are mt. Everest guides, they climb to the top with no oxygen at all. where anyone else has a 99.9% chance of dying.

If there's no evolution then isn't that like saying there was once really hairy people and one day they were gone and the next day a new naked human just popped n the mix?

I'm not a huge fan of this type of debate only because some people get very hot headed over this topic. Either way I'm damn glad to be here and enjoy all the hobbies I have.. :D

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

It is fairly easy for me to accept that an Omnipotent entity (God) created and controls the stage where all that we observe happens. The Earth didn't just pop up out of nothingness, nor did the universe as we know it. Our knowledge is so limited with respect to what may exist within the universe I find I can give allowance to the belief that intelligent life other than human may exist somewhere.

I believe God created the situation on this planet for man to develop. If some want to call that natural selection and evolution, that's fine but other than chance or fate; I feel a Divine spark in my life.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

spitinfire yes but you do know that the crystal skulls really do exist right? World Mysteries - Crystal Skulls

As far as everything else I agree with dunerunner.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I was created by my mommy and daddy. :)

16. spittinfire

I didn't know that. I'll have to give that a look tonight. Sounds like some intersting stuff.

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  18. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm not far from that; i honestly just don't know if there is a supreme being or what they think about things (seems unlikely that i would understand what a supreme being thinks). My take on the origins of man & evolution is that i wasn't around to see if somebody kickstarted the process of evolution or designed a relatively modern human from sand; maybe it happened, maybe not. Further, some people get really hung up on the Genesis timeline of a "week"; who knows how long a supreme being's day is, not me (a God's "day" could've been 1,000 human years, like dog years & such).

Overall, i'd consider myself a believer in the evolutionary process, including the possibility that humans evolved from a "lower" primate, but i don't discount the possibility of some level of influence by some higher power. Heck, aliens could've been boinkin monkeys for all we really know for certain.

I was educated at a private academy that taught from science books emphasizing the theory of "creationism".

edit* I think it is wrong to tell somebody that you know for certain they are wrong about the theory of evolution vs. creation, as far as the origin of humans.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  19. user4

user4 New Member

Actually, this is not evolution, but adaptation. The sherpas can survive in such environments because their blood cells carry more oxygen due to the elevation they live. No human being (including sherpas)can go from sea level directly to the top of Everest and not die unless they first acclimatize. This is why every climbing expedition breaks the climb into various stages. You spend a week in base camp just learning to breathe again. Once this is comfortable, you go to camp 1 with your gear and set up camp and then come back down to base camp. Then you move into camp one and acclimatize for a day or two before proceeding to bring your gear to camp two. After which you immediately go back to camp one for a day.

This process repeats itself to allow your body to carry more oxygen cells to the brain (and the rest of the body).

I'm a bit of a scholarly expert on Everest. Never climbed it, but I've read and watched everything I can find on the subject. Who know...maybe one day.

20. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

i am an evolutionist, if there is a higher being than i would say its the sun and the earth. now as to the whole people being darker the farther south you go, normally that is true but then you got them inuits who are pretty dang dark for living in such a harshly cold region.... its weird i say. but bottom line i believe in evolution. theres too much science out there to show its real.