Everything Slidefire or "the thing that goes up..."

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by ZombieBrawler, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Anyone trying out that slidefire for the AK? How good is it, mess up the gun? Does the stock run well?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  2. DKEnterprises

DKEnterprises New Member

Works great! Really like it on my 12 gauge too! A+ investment for fun

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Waste of money and a good way to get a laugh out of everyone watching you. They're laughing at you not with you. I saw the aftermath of one of those at the indoor range. Torn up target system.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  4. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Haha right on, nothing harmful to the firearms yet i infer?

5. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Its a playtoy piece not something sierous, as far as the system goes im sure its user error (i.e. A dumbass).

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Aren't those the only ones who purchase such a thing?

7. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Or people looking to blow rounds in a fun manner? Anyone can mishandle/use a firearm and make things looks stupid however this is just a way to give the common folk then fun of an "automatic" firearm. So in your opinion are automatics the stupid thing, or just this new mode of replicating it?

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It's nothing like a FA firearm.

9. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

I think you missed my cues... "automatic"... Replication... Its a simulation for automatic fire but still fires like one granted yes i know its different but thats besides the point. So whats your beef with it anyway because im not seeing a very good argument against this piece.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

So it fires like a FA bit is different? Is that like saying the same but different?

Like I said it's nothing like firing a true FA firearm. I doubt anyone reading this thread is in need of suppression fire.

This subject has been beaten to death.

11. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

You seem to be passing up the SIMULATION part of this so called dead subject so just do the forum a favor and leave it.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Define simulation. My idea of simulation requires one product to replicate the other. Like a flight simulator replicates real flight. As a former 240, 249, and MK19 gunner I'm telling you that plastic thing does not simulate a full automatic firearm.

Let's do everyone a favor and not peddle gimmicks and snake oil.

13. EiteCombat

EiteCombat New Member

Either way, it's fun as long as you understand that it's going to cost you a lot of money, lol. No reason to bash it or people that use it. We are about freedom around here aren't we?

14. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

No goddammit! The things F**ing stupid! and I wont have others thinking differe.....oh wait . wrong thread sorry. :eek:

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Take the situation that happened at the range I go to. Some guy showed up w/ one of these things and shot up the mechanical target system. What attitude to you think everyone that witnessed the event have toward the Slide Fire? A very negative one. We're talking about gun guys. What do you think the attitude of anti gunners would be if they saw that happen? Not only that but what happens next time someone shoots up the target system? I can see the range going to slow fire, a shot every 3-4 seconds, get me a pillow please.

It goes beyond my feelings and those of everyone I have ever talked to. Not only that but the majority of the people I have shot w/ can put more rounds, faster and in a fist size group than that toy could ever come close to doing.

Maybe I'm to practical but I like to forward movement when it comes to my shooting ability. Cutting a circle out of the center of a target is enjoyable, shooting the ceiling and everything forward of the firing line is not.

16. EiteCombat

EiteCombat New Member

But 99% of that entire issue, is the same thing any irresponsible person can do normally without the slide fire. I've seen these people. So by that rule they should not allow AKs or ARs since people act like asses with those sometimes as well.

Also, if we base what we do from anti gunners view of things, we wouldn't be shooting at all. Slide fire is obviously not something for an indoor or any controlled range. That's something to use if you can shoot in your backyard, or go to a place where you can do whatever without damaging anything. Just like owning any gun, the choice of being responsible, is up to the owner.

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

What's a controlled range? Shouldn't anyone shooting any firearm exhibit control? If someone is unable to control a firearm they should not be firing a firearm. If you are unable to use an indoor range you shouldn't be shooting outdoors either. Maybe if we policed our community a little better we wouldn't have such opposition.

Gimmicky play devices have no place on a firearm. If someone wants to play I suggest paintball or airsoft.

18. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

mostly out of boredom ....some curiosity. Mjkeat, are you just generally opposed to full auto weapons or is it the fact that the slide fire requires a "knack" to operate. Opposed to just shouldering the weapon an controlling the trigger (normal FA). Personally, the thought of having to apply forward pressure, aim, trigger and control rise is too much to deal with on the slide thingy.

19. EiteCombat

EiteCombat New Member

Cattledog, MJ is just a troll that they let hang around for way too long for some reason. Anytime someone mentions fun or a cheap AR that doesnt meet his specs, he's there to trash it and you, and rain on your parade. I don't know why I wasted my time posting on this thread knowing he was involved. The only one on here that agrees with him is quentin, and personally I think they have thier hands down each others pants. I'm done here due to this douchebag. Mods, delete my account please.

20. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Wow....guess you haven't met billt yet.