Ever Wonder?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Dennis845, May 26, 2011.

1. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

With the number of serial killers, gang - bangers, murders, rapes, home invasions, etc., etc. Ever wonder how many of them you follow, pass or come into close proximity on the road or store? I was at our local Wal-Mart recently (not carrying naturally) to pick up some groceries and came home. The next morning I was reading to local hick newspaper online. They had a picture of two rough looking white males in their thirties taken from the Wal-Mart survaliance camera in the check out line. They were escaped murderers on the run. I guess you just never know. When I'm on the road, in a store or out in public, I need to get out of my constant condition "white" and start paying a little more attention to my surroundings :confused:

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Dennis, we have an "Introductions" area if you want to stop by.

Florida Dept of Law Enforcement has given us some tools to keep track of sexual predators / offenders. But it seems that the database would be too big to list all felons, etc...

4. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Dennis,

I wonder constantly! I worked with a guy a couple years ago. He was a little different, but fairly popular. He was just convicted of shooting his girlfriend with a 410 in her mouth and burning the body. :eek:

They are among us everywhere!

On a more pleasant note...Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself if you stick around, so jump right in and get posting. :) There are plenty of great folk on here, and we can always use another.

Oh, you should probably stop by the intro section to meet the boys. They really like it when you do that.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am in the hotel business. I constantly see people on the news that look way too familiar for me not to have seen them somewhere. I also have a restaurant on my premises. One time the local PD came looking for a wanted man. He dove out of a third floor window to get away from them. They chased him across the golf course in his underwear! He was later convicted of murder!!!

And I run a really nice hotel! I just got a gold award from Choice Hotels. That puts me in the top 10% of all the Quality Inn's in the country. Scum bags are everywhere!

6. General_lee

General_lee New Member

This is why I carry. They walk among us!

7. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

Jesse17 dude your avatar look just like my ex wife on a good day (sorry couldn't help myself) I do wonder but then I just have to think anyone could be a "target" anyone is capable of being a murder, rapist, or even just a nice normal person. Anyone is cable of being something else you would never suspect, that why I don't trust many people and I have a semi open mind with super limitations. I know it sounds contradictive but it's like I trust someone but I have a line that I just don't cross.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Maybe we should go back to the idea of putting marks on the forehead?

9. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Yeah, like the left would go for that. Hell, the piece-of-pelosi in office now wants to bar businesses from doing background checks or even asking if a person is a felon when they hire employees. :mad:

10. WDB

WDB New Member

There are bad people in all walks of life and often it's hard to tell the difference. What I express to people I care about is direct eye contact with the people you meet, watch there hands and if someone you don't know approaches like a friend they are not. Some other expressions are just for family

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Hey sixor12,

Are you saying that you have drawn your weapon 4 times, or once against 4 people? Are you in law enforcement?

12. mmszbi

mmszbi New Member

More proof to back the saying "Be polite to everyone you meet but have a plan to kill them".

13. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

In my job as a rent a cop i see alot of gang bangers, thugs,and a few murders. I always try to be aware of my surroundings at work and how i interact with people. A lot of times me and my co-workers are the first one on the scene and sometimes how we react and respond to a situation can have a lot of effect on how the police will react when they get there. If we are walking all over a crime scene it can really tick them off. Or if we are keeping people away and have suspects detained for them it makes them happy. Also a lot of times we can have the situation resolved before the police get there it makes there job's a little easier. What we see and do can be called into court where we have to testify because we dont have to read somebody any rights the bg's some times tells us stuff later that can be used. Anyways working or not I like to know who is around me and what is going on so i can react if i have to. I'm wont try to be a hero but i will not let somebody hurt me or my family because of lack inattention.

14. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Oh, that's so going in my sig!

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Went out with this chick once after college, after dating her ex-sister in law (who i had known for many years). Then the ex-SIL i knew better gave me one of those true crime novels detailing a tri-state crime spree the girl's mother, mother's boyfriend, boyfriend's friend, and the chick i was so interested in had gone on. I think Louisiana finally executed the mother's boyfriend; i assume the mother is still locked down; the girl was only 14 at the time and was allegedly a less than willing acomplice; Louisiana told her to never ever come back. She had a smokin' hot bod though, truly a shame.

I've been more selective since. :eek:

16. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I'm glad I live in a small town. We don't have to worry about gangbangers and the like. I still carry everywhere and stay on alert however.

17. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Proving once again trouble comes unannounced especially when you aren't looking for it.

18. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

The thing that scares me is a high percentage of women (can't remember the exact number) are raped by people they know. It's usually not some arbitrary stranger off the street. It's a brother's friend, a mom's boyfriend or even the guy you've been dating for 6 months....

19. bigtiller

bigtiller New Member

I like the idea of a marked forehead and I am a union democrat. But not so far to the left that I can't see the middle isle.

20. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Hey, don't forget the rest of my quote...
    You may like the idea, but the left that's in power doesn't think anyone should be held acountable.