Ever see one of these..

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by RL357Mag, Jul 5, 2008.

1. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Ever see one of these?

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. fapprez

fapprez New Member

As a matter of fact, I have seen two. Just look at the post above mine.:)

3. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Hey that's funny! But I asked if you saw one not two...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  4. MrRemmy

MrRemmy New Member

Hi RL, i have indeed seen a few of these, which i believe is a spanish mauser FR-8 special purpose rifle, which were early 1940's spanish mausers reworked/rebuilt back in the 50's and chambered in 7.62x51. This is one mauser i dont yet have in my collection, and that one looks to be in nice condition. nice rifle ;)

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Hey MrRemmy! Indeed you are correct! I picked it up at a gun show in the early 90's for $169. The stock felt like a piece of rough-sawn pine, so I sanded and oiled it and it actually was a very nice piece of black walnut! It shoots beautifully. I wish I could find another one. I should have bought the second one that the gun show dealer had. The only problem with them is that you cannot mount a scope because of the rear aperature weldment.

6. MrRemmy

MrRemmy New Member

You did a fine job of bringing her to that condition RL, it looks fantastic and for such a good price. I would most definetly like one like that in my collection, and probably the one of the nicest mausers i have is an early 50's belgian FN in 30-06, it also shoots beautifully.

7. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Thanks, but it was in fine condition when I bought it - just needed some sanding and oiling. I'm thinking of trying the same procedure on my SKS - the wood texture on that gun is very similar to the way the FR-8 was when I bought it. I hate a gun with a crappy stock! I want one of those Belgium FN Mausers too! IF you find one let me know where....