Ever "Met" A Notorious Criminal?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Has anyone ever "met", or been in contact with, a notorious criminal?

Here is my story, prompted by an upcoming parole board hearing.

When I was in high school in the early 1980's on the rowing team we would race a team on the bay off of San Quentin and the inmates would often yell at the boats (we had to be 100 yards or so away from shore or there would be hell to pay- we were told that the guards would fire shots to warn boats away). Anyhow, the inmates would yell all sorts of stuff, catcalls, insults, insist that they were innocent, etc..

One day we were near the start line (marked by a guard tower at the prison) rowing around to stay warmed up and waiting for our boat to be called to the line and there was one lone inmate in the yard yelling "Fukk you!" over and over. We started yelling "Fukk you too!" back at him. I was the coxswain in the boat, the guy who sits in the back and calls the stroke cadence etc. with a megaphone, also I had the strongest voice.

Anyhow the guy started laughing when we started yelling back at him. So I yelled "Who the fukk are you, *******?". He replied "Charlie Manson!"

True story. My blood froze in my veins. We stopped yelling, but he continued. We lost the race, due in no small part to my inability to concentrate on my duties.

Not that it is related but the races started near the prison and ended near the railroad trestle that was in the final scenes of Dirty Harry. After the race we would jump into the water off the raised railroad bridge connected to that trestle.

2. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

When I was in high school, I was a cashier at Osco Drug, and Whitey came to my line.

When I was a few years younger, I used to shovel snow for a few of his men, and he gave me a Christmas card.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Manson? I would like to sit down and chat with him. I would like to hear some of his acid stories.

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

did they tip well?

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Have you ever watched anybody interview him? I remember watching an interview where some big time TV reporter went in and talked to him and the reporter was absolutely terrified the whole time and it was obvious on camera.

I was 100+ yards away and terrified. That dude is one crazy mokerfuther.

6. shadamai

shadamai New Member

No. The closest I ever came was when I saw one of the local news station's 'area's most wanted' mugshots and recognized one of the fugitives. He had been a customer months before at a store where I worked. I remembered him because he had seemed kind of sad when he told me about his daughter. He said wanted to get a nice photograph of himself to give to her so she could have a picture of her dad. I got the impression he didn't really get to see her much...now I understand why.

7. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

Yeah. I made about $200 each winter for 3 years (not counting the little extra during Christmas). I knew who they were, I just didn't know what they were...

Looking back, it did seem odd they were nice to me.... I'm Italian - they're Irish mob.... oh well..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  8. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

One job in high school was at Krogers as a bag boy. Blanche Taylor Moore was my boss as front end manager....look her up! Whew!

9. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

"In 1954, she began working at Kroger as a cashier. By 1959, she'd been promoted to head cashier (roughly the equivalent of a customer service manager today), the highest job available to a female employee at Kroger at the time."

Blanche Kiser Taylor Moore (born February 17, 1933) is a convicted murderer and probable serial killer from Alamance County, North Carolina. She was convicted of killing her boyfriend by slipping arsenic into his food, and is suspected of killing three other people and nearly killing another in the same manner.

thats creepy as hell truggie

10. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Yes, she went by Blanche Taylor on her nametag.....i remember her wearing black in mourning...more than once!

11. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Spent casings........

I helped put two killers behind bars, I gave the feds some of the spent casings from the gun used in the murder, seems they spent the afternoon firing the full auto just prior to the murder... I also described the company van they were driving....... When they entered the house to kill this person the gun jammed. Then they proceeded to finnish the job with a 12 ga. loaded with buck shot and the coo de gra was a slug.....Two killers sent to prison for life.... The guy who paid for the hit also got life, he died in prison.....Morale of the story, pick up your spent casings.......Money, the root of all evil......;)

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I have a theory about that; i think he lost his grip on reality when he was tripping. I think he liked his new "reality" better. From what i have read, this is the basis of his methodology for getting his "family" to do his bidding, in part as "revenge" for his failure to get his music out to others. Lil feller wanted to influence people; his music didn't work as well as LSD. Don't get me wrong; i don't admire the guy, but he is interesting like an eight foot tall, two-headed, bearded lady with really interesting tattoos.

The only even semi-infamous, murder-related, person i've known was a young woman i was interested in dating when i was younger. After our first date, her former sister-in-law, gave me the true-crime novel that discussed the murderous road trip she went on with her mother and a couple of her mother's friends. Two people were killed in LaPlace, LA and another in FL and another somewhere on the gulf coast. The girl was prohibited from ever returning to LA but escaped prosecution due to her age and, according to her SIL, due to a plea bargain-type deal with her mother. I don't know if they ever got around to executing her mother; i bleve it was Gabriel's prison where she was held.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't think anyone from "The Mob" would harm a child or some younger person doing some honest work. Truly, even they have some rules of conduct.

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

What you fail to realize is that by shoveling "snow" he means he was bagging up 2.5 kilos of coke at a time for Whitey and the boys.

15. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

16. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

A good friend of mine's Dad was involved with Henry Lee Lucas. He was on the parole board.

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Come on people! Lets at least provide names! To paraphrase "names, or it didn't happen!"

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't think so. He mentions "Whitey" coming through his line at the grocery store when he was working there in high school Then he says a few years earlier he was shoveling snow for them. So......would a pre-high school kid be bagging coke for 'the boys'? I doubt it.

Here's info on Charles Manson.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47017512#.T4XKRnLQEkQ

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  19. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Joe Valachi ~ only because he lived in same neighborhood as I when growing up. He was however much older than I.

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Linwood Briley, who led the breakout from Death Row in Virginia. Back when he was a juvenile.

William Caley, (My Lai massacre,Vietnam) When he was an Officer Candidate. Dipstick.

Spiro Agnew. When he was still VP.

G. Gordon Liddy, post Watergate, when he was luncheon speaker out in Phoenix.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012