Ever have a dream...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by GunsGodAndCountry, Jan 2, 2014.

1. GunsGodAndCountry

GunsGodAndCountry New Member

Have y'all ever had a dream that shakes you up so bad that you don't even feel like yourself when you wake up? I did a couple of weeks ago and Im still rattled by it. It wasn't even frightening, just...strange.

Please tell me that Im not alone here! Im feeling kind of crazy right now.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have them from time to time. some of them even feel real, right before i'm fully awake to realize that it was just a dream.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive had dreams that have made me laugh so hard ive woken up and still thought it was funny for no reason and no idea why days later. no idea what was so funny either

when i was like 10 or so i had a dream about a woman with short white hair that has recurred a few times and has wiedly stuck with me forever. dont remember anything about it or her other than white hair

i dream in color if that helps

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i dream in Technicolor and Dolby Surround Sound!:p

5. GunsGodAndCountry

I had a dream when I was real young that was all in sort of a sepia tone. It was technically a nightmare, I guess. I woke up feeling afraid even though the dream was literally just some back country road on a sunny day. I think there was a person but I really don't remember much about him/her except when they talked, I felt I could actually hear them, I woke up crying that "i can't ever hear people in my dreams and it was actually talking to me!"

I still get a weird feeling thinkin about that dream.

6. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I dream about once a month about my ex changing her mind and coming back. It isn't ever going to happen but I still dream about it after 2+ years. I always wake up believing it was real for a couple of minutes. Had this dream 2 or 3 nights ago.

You are not crazy, you can't really control your dreams.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

the ones that seem real are sometimes called waking or lucid dreams. kinda like a daydream.

i think they are triggered by a almost awake/sleep state and something abnormal is happening within earshot. i get em when i go to bed early and the wife turns on the tv in the other room or is talking on the phone

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

My dreams aren't generally safe for public consumption.

Do they seem real and shake me up? Yeah. I've woken up curled in the fetal position in the corner of the room.

Summer before last when my ex kidnapped my son, I had a dream that he fell off the back balcony of her apartment. Normally wouldn't have been such a big deal, as it's only a two story building. Falls like that often produce injuries, but aren't that often fatal.

Except in my dream, I was there and saw the whole thing. He was for some reason, sitting on the rail. Fell. And as I jumped to the rail and reached over to grab him, he just barely slipped through my fingertips.

And then I noticed. Somehow there were suddenly about 50 more floors below us for some reason. And I watched him tumble and bounce from one balcony to the next, all the way down. The screams stopped about halfway down, but I could still hear bones cracking and crunching until he hit the ground. That was the first time I'd ever dreamed of my son getting hurt, and hopefully the last. I couldn't think straight for a month over it.

I'll be honest, why not? Most of my dreams are about sex, or nightmares from time in the service. So really, going to sleep for me is like Russian Roulette, I'm either getting laid or blown up or watching one of my friends get blown up. Naturally, of course, I always hope for the sex dreams.

9. GunsGodAndCountry

Trip, after some of the stuff Im sure you've been through, I feel like you aught to get a medal of some sort for being able to sleep at all.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Haha... I usually crash around 0200. Get up around 0400-0430. But I have crash days, where the lack of sleep gets to me to the point where I'm just so exhausted I'll sleep a full night. Those times are terrible, because I may have a dirty dream, followed by a nightmare that wakes me up, then something really benign like a dream of shopping at a mall, and then the mall blowing up and people running and screaming and dying... I'd rather not sleep at all. If there were something I could take that would keep me awake forever, I'd take it.

Hence my avatar pic. No, I don't take amphetamines, legal or illegal, and it's only a part time fix to a long term problem. But dear god, I wish I could cut sleep out of my life altogether. My mind is the scariest place I've ever been.

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

I personally believe one of the reasons we have nightmares is over-exhaustion. Maybe I'm way off base there, but that's just one of my beliefs.

My deepest fear is being out of control of my own mind. Not in a dream, but in actual life. Like that movie "A Beautiful Mind" or "The Black Swan" or whatever it was called. Going crazy, in other words.

12. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I don't like my dreams.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

GG&C, I had a terrible dream just last week. I woke up all freaked out. Those dreams don't happen often but I hate when they do happen.

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

GGC- I dont remember my dreams often but had one a couple nights ago that shook me. I lost a good friend who was also my boss to cancer a few years back. In my dream, instead of the way he really died, in my dream it was his last day, retirement day and we were all wishing him a great retirement! Woke up shaking....

The mind is so damn powerful that even we the owners cant tell it what to think. Dreams are the minds way of rewriting, reliving or unliving things it cant or wont come to terms with. Ive had some reoccurring ones that took decades to shake off, mostly when I was young.

Other cultures believe that our dreams have much more importance than just random sleepy time movies. Myself, I just think they remind us of things that might just disappear from our daily thoughts if we let them, the unconscious human in us refuses to let us forget as long as were still firing neurons. They may bring peace or pain but understanding them isnt often something that happens, I dont even try, makes my head hurt thinking about them too long!

Try not to let them own your day!

15. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You know you're old when your childhood dreams weren't color. :p

I fight in my sleep. A lot. It frightens my wife. Many nights I have woken up to her holding me down and telling me it's alright. I go right back to sleep.

16. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Eeeeeeek....! :eek: I had this most terrible dream one night.i was traveling east to west down south from Florida to California . I got lost off the beaten trail and stopped to get direction . I was getting gas and checking things under the hood.
    The gentleman that work there , ask if I checked my aul.? (AUL) , I asked .?

The gentleman smiled , two teeth and all and YEAP , aul.! I looked at him and bewildered , said ....auh I think so .? :confused:

The gentleman replied ,well Yaul got to keep the aul up , it protects all them arn
    parts . (ARN) .........:confused: I said well , I guess so.! :confused:

Well , I was done there , I think , so ask the gentleman where nearest place to get a bite too eat .

The man smiled , two teeth and all , and said Billy Joe,s . Balled eggs , pigs knuckles , just about anything..! :D (Balled)....? Hmmmm....sounds good .
    Ok , how do I get there.?

The man said , " well , you go back to the ole tree that don,t look like a tree and turn lef , it,s just down the road a piece ".

I get back on the road headed to Billy,s .......10 miles click off , 20 miles , 30 ....
    Hmmmm...! I ended up in Bute Montana......! :eek:

What a dream........Eeeeeeeek..!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  17. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I am not a dream expert, by any means, but I do know that dreams are not something that you are destined to experience in your conscious life. Dreams are your subconscious mind working through experiences that you've had and concerns that you have.

You will have dreams that you will not enjoy and most you will not be able to make sense of, but I do know that they do not directly affect your waking life, unless you allow them to.

There is an old African proverb that says, "You cannot stop the birds from flying over your head, but you can keep them from nesting in your hair!"

Think about that.

18. string1946

string1946 New Member

I don't usually remember my dreams. Maybe parts but if I don't really try to think of what it was about after 30 minutes or so its completely gone. I have had dreams that I woke up from and then dreaded going back to sleep afraid it would start over. I did read once that anyone in your dreams is someone that you have at least seen sometime during your life. That you don't make up faces in dreams. I don't know.

19. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

I used to get some real terrible ones when I first got back from Iraq usually reliving an IED attack and after a while they started getting less and less vivid and frequent.....Until the VA doc said here take this Chantix to help you stop smoking well lets see my dream came back and kicked up a notch to include not only was I being hit with an IED I was tumbling out into the firefight in AVP 2 where the aliens took out the whole platoon followed by all sorts of crazy ****e that I was terrified of. I promptly threw away the chantix and told that doc he was an ******* next time I saw him.

20. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I'm not sure about that? I dreamed I met Jesus one night and I'm pretty sure I hadn't met him before? The face I saw could have been from someone that I had previously seen and then associated it with Jesus, but it wasn't a face that I recognized.

That dream occurred during a time when I was questioning everything and one day I figured out that the purpose of every human is to understand and to create. That night I dreamed that I was talking to Jesus and he said I was right about our purpose, and that I used deductive reasoning figure it out. I wasn't very religious at the time but that dream sure got my attention.