Ever has a fussy gun?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by dgray64, Mar 23, 2012.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I just got back from a year in WV babysitting my grand kids. I had closed the house and entrusted my guns to friends, leaving my reloading supplies in Cabelas boxes except for a handful of small pistol primers I had left in the hand loader. I loaded some 38 Spl with them and some powder yesterday and had 4 mis-fires and one squib. That ticked me off. I tried some new Remington primers in some other shells and had to run three of them around the gun twice to get them to fire. I went to Magtech primers and they ran like a dream. I guess I'll save the Remingtons for my Glock.

Dave

2. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

May be gun problem...weak firing pin strike.....?

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Remington primers are not known to be overly hard. Never used the Magtechs. You want a HARD primer? CCI.

4. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I have already experienced CCI hard primers. Fun. I was surprised about the Remingtons. Federals are fairly soft. Thanks for the reply.
    Dave

5. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

It's a Rossi 351, fairly new that hasn't shot many rounds, mainly because ammo is more expensive. I finally got some brass for reloading and will wear it in some more. The trigger is strong enough that it should hit hard.

Dave

6. raceroch

raceroch New Member

If they were handled or any moisture/oils were on them when loaded that could explain... I have 10 year old primers that hold up fine if stored proper.