Ever done something..

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jpattersonnh, Aug 19, 2011.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

That you are not accustomed too, and found your not that bad? I played golf today, after 24 years. After 6 holes driving and chipping were easy, putting... Well some work needed. Fun day. I started trying to play as I did 24 years ago, but transitioned to hitting a target, something I know. Found out I still hate my driver. 3 wood, 150 yards, no problem.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I always play better after a little layoff (not 24 years, though!). If I play 2-3 times a week, I find myself over-correcting.

But jpatt, you said "driving and chipping were easy"....but on the other hand, you say you hate your driver.....so what did you hit on the tee on the par 4s and 5s? ;)

3. jpattersonnh

A 3 wood..... Even a 4. I was so po'ed at one point I tee'd off w/ a 7. I started playing pretty good after 5 holes. 2 guys started strong and fell apart. My partner heated up after 2 and did great till the 10 hole. That is the one I smoked, over a water hazard. Par 5, 2 and on the green, two more. Great day till the horn blew because of a storm. I guess since I was probobly 80lb heavier and a foot taller then the taller dude in their double, it makes sense.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

5. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Golph is not my cup of tea. Why have tea time when you can drink a Busch? Besides, I shoot skeet, not at those nice little birdies and eagles. And what's that foursome thingy? Are we on par here? :D

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Many golfers would say the same about skeet shooters. To each his own, doesn't make either one right or wrong. I know lots of people who enjoy and are good at both.

7. jpattersonnh

There were a few trap/ skeet shooters out today. We were talking about a trap/ skeet outing. Any day out is a good day! BTW, I asked if I could bring my varmint rig, but sadly I was told no.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

JP,

I gave Golf up for shooting once again! Use to play at least once a week! Thought by God, I can hit that Flag by the hole at three hundred yards with a Rifle. And that little white ball has a mind of it's own. Not to mention it likes to swim! Like you, I never liked those Woods! And besides couldn't keep a five shot group worth a damn at 100! :D