estate planning

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by pmanton, May 6, 2014.

1. pmanton

pmanton Member

My wife and myself have decided that we will select some conservative group as the beneficiaries of our will. This way no kids, grandkids or great grandkids will feel left out. They will all be pissed. :)

Now all we have to do is find an organization that we both like and will handle the whole thing. Come in, auction everything, and use the funds in a manner that we approve of.

Of course if one of us dies first the other gets it all. But if we get hit by a drunk driver then it all goes to our designated organization.

It won't be the NRA due to their persistent calls for more money on my cell phone. :mad: (I have no idea how they got my cell phone number)

Paul
    Salome, AZ

2. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

It sounds like it's time for me to start a conservative group!!!! :D:):D

I'll even name it what ever you want! :rolleyes:

3. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Wounded warriors? They can use the money to support veterans, and even give the house to a veteran in need. I know it's probably not the type of organization you had in mind, but you could consider it.

4. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Second Amendment Foundation? +1 on Wounded Warriors, they are doing good things.

5. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Wounded warriors all the way!

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Wow. There's a lot of love in this room...:cool:

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Damn, you guys need to do research on Wounded Warriors. Not only are they a BAD charity, they are ANTI FIREARM!

My suggestions, 2nd amendment foundation and Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Why a charity that is supposed to be helping our vets gets involved with the anti gun culture is beyond me. I am sure the vets they are supposed to be helping really appreciate Wounded Warrior trying to destroy the constitution they fought to protect.

9. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

If that's right, then I 'am with you. I will research this. damn unreal if this is true.

10. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

My understanding is that WW is neutral.

11. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Brown bull stuff!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/guntalk/121118guntalkA.mp3

http://traffic.libsyn.com/guntalk/WWP_Podcast_11-19-12.mp3

Only 57% of money raised goes to programs... that is unacceptable

Listen to the podcasts I linked. I was DISGUSTED

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

WWP doesn't mind taking money from hunts, gun raffles or shooting events. None of these events are actually put on by the wounded warrior project. These events are put on by individuals and clubs who donate the proceeds to WWP.

If you don't believe me google "is wounded warrior project anti gun" you will find lots of evidence that WWP is anti gun.

Here is a letter the NRA sent to the Wounded Warrior Project.

I am a member of the National Rifle Association board of directors. I have been made aware of the WWP’s policy of not associating with firearms companies, or the firearms industry.
    I find this policy absurd. I want to inform you that as a member of the NRA board it is my intention to introduce a motion at our January board meeting to assure that the NRA does not promote, support, or in any other manner support the WWP. I will also request that the NRA’s 4 million members and their families are made aware of your anti-gun position.
    Thank you for your time.
    Todd Rathner

http://asp.militarygear.com/2012/11/15/wounded-warrior-project-backpedaling/

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  14. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I was not aware of the controversy over WWP. There are many other charities for disabled vets out there though, I'm sure you could find one that isn't anti-gun.

15. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Yeah WWP is terrible. I would donate it to a conservative college/university.