erma kgp 68

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by kzink, Dec 15, 2009.

1. kzink

kzink New Member

helped my grandma move over the weekend and we found a box with a gun inside. on the side of the box is a serial number a sign that says western Germany. inside was an old Luger style handgun. its made by a company called erma werke i believe. there was a book inside that says shoots .380 or .32 does this sound right. does anyone know anything about these guns or what they are worth how they shoot?

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Google says that the Erma KGP 68 shoots .32 ACP.

Nice looking gun, is it in good condition?

EDIT: Wait, apparently there's a .32 model and a .380 model, as well as a KGP 69 that's a .22.

3. kzink

kzink New Member

yea condition is good i stripped it and cleaned it the other day and plan on taking it out shooting here soon. when i found it there was a few .380 rounds in the box but next to it was a box of .32s so i dont know.

4. WILDCATT

WILDCATT New Member

caliber

you should be able to look at muzzle and tell.one is about 5/16 and one is a litll under 3/8. or drop a 380 in if it goes in its 380 as a 32 will practacaly fall thru.I have two in 22 cal.if you shoot it dont fire hundreds.

5. medic-rod

medic-rod New Member

kgp 68(a)

if it has an "A" after the 68 it has a clip safety. mine is an A it's a .380 fun to fire good for a "cheap little pistol" ;) on the "togle it should say RG Ind Miami Fla on one side and Kal (mine has) 9kurz /.380 on other side

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

It should be marked on the bbl as to the caliber. .32ACP and .380 are not the same. It could be marked 7.65mm (.32) or 9mm Kurtz (.380).

7. kzink

kzink New Member

ok yea its a .380 now i just need to find a box and go shoot this thing