Episode that Happened to Me on Tuesday....

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by FreedomFighter69, Nov 4, 2010.

1. FreedomFighter69

FreedomFighter69 New Member

I was talking to my friend around the corner who was taking out his trash.
    Him and I are both into firearms who own several. About 7 minutes into our conversation a police car turns the corner cruising slowly. We knew something was up but didn't know what ? When the car came up to us he stopped got out and charged me. Then 7-9 other cars pulled up with guns drawn on my friend and me being put against the wall, cuffed, and frisked. After the bevy of questions and a run of our ID's it was over and I was uncuffed. I did have a 12 inch night stick on me which was given back to me in the end.
    Someone from the adjacent street in front of us where all the liberals live called the cops saying a male in full camoflage fatigues was waving around a gun !
    Well I was wearing full camo's, my friend partial. He had a gun and his permit to carry of course, I was unarmed except for my mini-nightstick. Just because we had camo's on we were profiled ! No one waved a gun whatsoever, all we were doing was talking. When I told the cops that I was part of the neighborhood watch they all bust out laughing ! I was told I was gonna lose my nightstick and I didn't care. When the cops started leaving the one who cuffed, frisked, and checked my I.D. put my nightstick on my friends step and told me not to pick it up until we all leave {meaning the cops}. I even got my nightstick back. The first thing he saw when he looked in my wallet was my Medicare Card, im on disability. Then my inhaler for my asthma and COPD. Between that and me being part of neighborhood watch
    he probably felt bad that they had to put an innocent person through all that so he let me keep my stick. I will find out who the coward is and I only want to know so this way I know from who I should stay away ! These people have seen me in my camoflage for a few days now and now they decide that im the enemy because of them. Well im not gonna stop wearing them, that would be like giving them what they want. My friend wears them constantly !
    I just wish if one of these pinheads has a problem with me that they would approach me and at least tell me what is the problem ? They are nothing but cowards for doing this and falsely accusing me of something. I had no gun !
    I wasn't even showing off my nightstick which was in my pocket ! This has to do with the politically correct liberals of that street who frown upon people like me. I was here first, I lived in this city for 40 years and in this neighborhood for 11. These people aren't here even 5 years. Who are they to come in and try to take it over ? I may even bring them up on charges for
    false accusation and emotional/mental trauma ! The only reason I may not may be if my permit gets revoked for having a discrepency against a neighbor. I have to check the law and see how it goes, I don't wanna lose my permit because of an idiot and coward ! Did you ever hear of such childlike, gutless, morons ?

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Why aren't the cops after the ones who did the false reporting? That is a crime to call in false reports to the police.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

just join the black panthers then liberals wont have any issue with ya. you can even brandish rifles at old ladies and get applauded!!!

4. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

Sorry to hear that happened to you. It is a shame that people can not express their problems, and they hide and cower and let someone else find out. But NOBODY has any more rights to tell ANYONE else what they can or can not do. I CERTAINLY would not give a crap about them not liking your camo, even if there are people that have lived there longer... the bottom line is rights are not determined by neighborhood seniority, or how established you are... You have the same rights as anyone else in the neighborhood. I try to respect my neighbors as much as i can, BUT they have no more rights than i have (we just moved to a new house). So while i don't try to be difficult, i wont be intimidated either.

I would find out who it was, and go try to politely talk with them as soon as i do. It lets them know your not a crazy gun waving nut, and shows them your not a coward either. That if they want to harass you, they will be held accounatble. Nothing cowards hate more than to "having to talk about it".

5. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Wow that sounds like quite a Tuesday.

I hope everything gets resolved with your neighbors.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

If they profiled everyone walking around in camo down here, especially this time of year, it would take a VERY long time. Maybe you should move to a more friendly place.

I wouldn't confront the idiot; that would probably end up with more false accusations to the police.

7. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

I agree that i would not confront them if you mean in an aggressive, "i am pissed" kind of way. But me personally i know it would eat at me unless i did (since it was the first time), and do it as politely as possible. I am sure they enjoyed what they saw. BUT since nothing happened to you, i am sure they feel it was an injustice.

If a coward thinks they will have to talk about it later, that will kill it. If they are just a pain in but (as opposed to a pain in the butt and a coward as it seems), they your exactly right, it will do no good, and make more trouble for you. I just would have to find out which one they are before i could just let it go.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  8. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

BTW i had a neighbor that claimed they found buckshot ( #8's from shooting skeet) in their yard (about 3 acres away from where we were shooting). They complained all the time because they did not understand the safety precautions my neighbor (an FBI Ballistics guy) and me would use when we shot. But at least they never called the police (maybe because he was an FBI guy - may not be a fight you want to pick). Why do we have to have neighbors like you have???? It kills the "home" feel, i have had TERRIBLE neighbors in the past that i wont get into, but feel you pain.

9. pabstman

pabstman New Member

And that would be why I stay far away from Philly! Well and I can't stand the Eagles lol. To tell you the trueth something like that happened to me a few years ago. I stopped by to see my wife on her break (she works at health care center) well anyway I was coming home from a day in the woods archery hunting and because of my cammo just about every rent a cop there had to come check me out. The only plus side to my situation was that they were rent a cops and I could tell them to go to H3LL

10. willshoum

willshoum New Member

The good neighbor!!

Some where in my file I have a Solution to your problem. Send me your E-mail address and I'll dig it up and send it to you. I don't think it's been posted here on FTF. Why didn't the cops just ask who are you and where do you live, and so on and so forth. :eek::)

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Report of a gun! It is Philly. Blue camo and urban camo is fly yaknow. Goes great with B-ball kicks. That does really suck.

12. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

sorry about that:eek:i hate the people who wont at least have the stones to tell you
    what they think and have someone else do it for them

13. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Outfit as a message

You have the right to dress a s you wish, but keep in mind, it sends a message, it doesn't change who you are, but it portrays what you want people to see in you.

Use this idea in your favor, like the spots on a jaguar.

I have to wear outdoors outfit and rubber boots on, 5 days a week, my business has me working outdoors 5 days a week, exposed to dirt, vegetation, mud when it rains, etc. I look like I am on a safari and people ask the weirdest questions, most people ask if we work with animals, I usually answer:"we train elephants". Of course on weekends I wear slacks and a blazer, so my life is a little backwards.

So what is my point? People are free to think whatever they want, can't blame them for that, is a free country and they have as much right as you do to feel safe.

So you are free to dress in camouflage and carry a long knife if you want, but be ready to be questioned. Furthermore, if you are trying to "look dangerous" don't expect someone to come close and get all chummy.:eek:

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The best camouflage is blending in. Personally, I prefer to be the gray man. If you wear camo while patrolling on neighborhood watch, fine, but I wouldn't wear it all the time. It's Philly, camo isn't really urban wear.

Just my 2 cents.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I agree those who mentioned what that what you wear projects to others who you are. Does that make it right, no. Is it a truth, yes. What do you think when you see someone wearing "gansta gear?"

When I see someone wearing full camo and they are obviously not hunting or in the military, I think Mall Ninja or paramilitary anarchists. If by choosing to wear camo you are wanting attention of a certain kind. Well you got it. If you don't know why the cops laughed when you said you were part of the Neighborhood Watch, then you might want to think about your choice of apparel.

Check with the police to see if they have persued the false report. You also have a right to face your accuser.

16. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I think you should be the man you are. Wear the clothes you want, the police will not continue to be baited by this retard, trust me, they know who it was who called on you & a real ugly problem is awaiting this police unit in possible future lawsuit if they keep it up. If it were me, I would be filing a false arrest report and sending certified mail to my local sheriff & attorney general- I just don't like having to go through that kinda crap twice...

17. FreedomFighter69

These people know who I am, my son used to play around that street and they know who He and I are. I was at the first neighborhood watch meeting with these nutty idiots, they knew I was the one in charge of patrol ! I don't usually wear camos when I patrol, I just like camos, I even have Gunnery Sergant Rank stripes on my jacket Im a fan of our military and I just like wearing them because they are comfy, have a lot of pockets, and keep you cool. I could understand if I was a total stranger, but these folks know me. This was spite work because of differing opinions on an alley gate !
    The woman wh owants the gate along her house is alongside of an alley that druggies go to shoot up, and where hookers turn tricks. She claimed at the meeting that she wants the gate and one person replied that "It's such a quaint little walkway, why put a gate there?" I thought it was bogus ! Thern a neighbor up my street was talking about it and He had said even if you put a gate up they will still climb over it. My reply was just put razor barbed wire on the top of it, and thet can't climb it. Well he didn't like the idea and said "How would you like to look at that outside of your house. The place I grew up not only had barbed wire in places, but bars on the windows ! No this was just a babified
    liberals way of throwing a tantrum when they have been proven wrong ! They talk all this peace and love crap, but yet they start more trouble and more hate in their hearts than anyone ! Sorry but if you can't tell me to my face that you have a problem with me, and then resort to underhanded teenie bopper games and then "lie" and falsely accuse someone you know of something that isn't true, your a peice of trash !
    As far as paramilitary every state has a militia. Pennsylvania has three one of which is called The Sons of Liberty. I have never known any of these groups in PA. to start trouble or go around profiling people. A Militia is leagal and it's a 2nd amendment right, just like bearing arms. No im not in a militia ! Im disabled and couldn't be in one if I wanted. These liberals are gonna learn the hard way. They cannot go around telling people how to live, what to wear, and what to do. They are even going around telling people that they need to get outside porch lites if they do not have one. Many of the folks are on Social Security or SSi/SSD. These people may not have the funds to call an electrician to have a light fixture installed. Yes, I have one on timer ! They are even threatening people that they are gonna call the councilman on them to get them to act !
    Communtists, you bet ! I don't listen to Commies and I never will. They will have to try to kill me before they get my arms, or tell me how to live ! This is America, this country is based on the constitution and the bill of rights, and they will not be infringed any of them, not over my dead body and every other good american who loves what this country is supposed to and once stood for Life, Liberty, and the Persuit of Happiness and right now and on Tuesday these cowards are trying to stop me from doing so !
    Thankyou to all who supported me through this time. Thankyou all for your thoughts on this matter. Anyone here who ever has a problem of anykind or similar I have your back !

18. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

Hear Hear!!! At least know you have A LOT more "neighbors" here on the forum, that KNOW what your going through, and SUPPORT YOU, as opposed to the few thorns that are in your neighborhood. And speaking of thorns, "it's funny how annoying a little prick can be" isn't it? (quote from the movie iron man 2). I wish i had been a member of this forum when i had my issues, even talking to them did not give me any relief. I would have loved to get some advice from here on my situation.

19. FreedomFighter69

LOL Pricks do hurt ! Im just gonna try to erase this from my mind, and go on living as usual. My quest, to buy more firearms of course ! So Im gonna read magazines, buy ammo,
    and accessories and enjoy my toys. My CCW Permit will be arriving anyday and I'll have to go get my picture taken on the card. Finally, I will be able to carry again and not have to worry. Not having my gun and holster made me feel naked for the past few months. So I guess in the longrun it's getting shoved up their oughts anyway. They thought I had a gun, didn't, and now when my permit comes I will have one and in regular clothes at that, peachy. Now thwy won't bother me and will think that I don't carry a gun. Good, what they don't know, won't hurt me ! Now im in the drivers seat so to speak. Not that I have retalitory intentions, just knowing in my mind that they got screwed in actuality will make me feel all pink and fuzzy inside.

20. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

Sounds like you got a good plan. I strive to be more like you and like orangello said about leaving it alone. I have at least made it to the point of bringing it up once, and leaving it alone after that. But being able to ignore it, to me, is a true sign that it does not bother you! I respect you decision and how your handling it. Keep your camos on. What you like to wear is what you like to wear, an nobody's business. I don't wear them, but you may think what i wear is laughable. So more power to you and let us all know when the license comes!!!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010