EPIC shooting day

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Yunus, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Today was a good day. I finally got to try my test of the Mil-Tac knife. I also had the chance to shoot some ballistics gel for the first time. It was a good day.

First lets start with the test on the knife. I had seen plenty, yes it is a strong knife, yes it can even take a .22 head on. But how strong is this thing, is it indestructible? I say no, it is not and I attempt to prove this.
    In the Mil-Tac thread I declared I had some ideas but that was months ago, well I say today I delivered.

Before
    [​IMG]
    After shot of the wood holding the knife
    [​IMG]
    Yes that is an imprint of the knife on the wood.

After
    [​IMG]
    After shot of the knife placed back on the wood block.
    [​IMG]
    Sadly the blade could not be found. We looked but really we could not find it anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

You can see from this picture the knife landed about 10' away from where it started. The knife is the black portion at the bottom of the image.
    [​IMG]

There were 2 holes in these targets before we blew up the Tannerite/knife
    [​IMG]

3. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Close up of where the steel broke.
    [​IMG]

This was just good fun! I will post the ballistics gel pics in another thread.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

you blew up a $170+ dollar knife. Dude if you didn't want it that bad I would have sent your $50 for shipping to me.

5. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Yunus,

Dude, I don’t think the manufacture when they say “practically indestructible” they mean explosives. I think they mean cutting, prying, hacking and such.. Explosives?? Not an everyday occurrence. I think you went a little bit overboard.

I mean I'd love to see a photo of the explosion but.... man.

6. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I would love to see video of that....

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Well, I already promised the left overs to Bear, although I was hoping that the knife would remain in tact :)

The video will be posted as soon as I find a good way. Youtube did not like my first attempt.
    The owner of the land, good guy who let's us shoot, grandfather of my friend, he looked at the knife and was impressed, specifically about the sharpness of it. He thought we were crazy for doing what we did but hey, they did say "practically indestructible" didn't they :) It was a good time had by all present. Was it needed, no. Was it fun, yes. I was seriously impressed that the knife did as well as it did. The carbon fiber body held up pretty well.
    The imprint of the knife on the wood, that was just freaking awesome. :)

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu55AVyWK_M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu55AVyWK_M[/ame]

Skip to about the 1 minute mark to see the explosion. It's not as cool on video as in real life.

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

pretty cool, I do love me some Tanerite.

10. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I am amazed! I didn't hear one "Holy sh!t" after the explosion. You guys did great! Well done Yunus!

11. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I can't bring myself to watch the video. I'm against internet knife abuse. :(

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Yeah, but now we know what it WON'T do.....:eek:

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The epitomy of epicness. Very well done. :cool:

14. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I'm humbled......

15. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

Awesome!! I love a good explosion and one that can answer questions is a well needed explosion.

16. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

A burning question comes to my mind reading this thread...

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???? :mad:

17. Bubba4477

Bubba4477 New Member

Epic indeed

I think a better question is... WHY NOT? :cool:

18. orangello

orangello New Member

19. amoroque

amoroque New Member

That qualifies as an epic day to me. But boy I sure would hate to lose a knife like that. :eek:

tell us a little about the ballistics gel. What did you do with that? Did you find any useful info about bullet penetration, etc?