Epic Fantasy Project, You're all needed

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

First, I have no intention of ever initiating this project.

The concept is this; a problem solving thread that requires input from everyone here.

The smith guys, the legal guys, engineers, even the guys that like to pooh pooh ideas. You will be especially useful, as you will give us obstacles to overcome.

Again, this is pure fantasy, so take it in that vein.

The intent here is for everyone participating to learn something they didn't know before.

So I unveil.... The W.S.U.P.P.

The idea is this. FTF buys the necessary legal permits and facilities to manufacture The Women's Single Use Personal Protector.

It is a handgun, I'll say a revolver, that is pre loaded, cannot be reloaded, and is designed for women who have no firearms knowledge, but want better than pepper spray.

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So now the problems to overcome.

1) How to make it safe beyond normal accepted parameters.

2) How to make it easy to use for a timid woman with absolutely no firearms experience.

3) Given it's potential for criminal misuse, how do we regulate it a little tighter than the normal firearm?

4) Can it be manufactured in a way that it turns a profit?

5) Is this practical at all?

6) Calibers? Aiming system?

7) Can it be legally, economically done?

3. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

I have a hard time seeing the point of a single use firearm. In fact I think its a terrible idea due to the fact it would discourage training. I'm also sure this would fall under the catagory of "Saturday Night Special" in localities where such laws prohibiting "junk guns" exist.

Also what price point would you aim for? Would have to be sub $30 to have even a remote chance of market success.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I've got some ideas as to form/function and materials.

I'm not doing a blueprint!

It's totally NOT gun-like, a subtle design providing open carry with no visual firearm flag.

No ammo, just a self contained, single use PD device.

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

We would have to turn a profit.

I forget who makes it, but I saw a pepper spray device that had to be the most over engineered in the world. Equipped with a laser, you had to purchase cartridges for it. I believe it went for more than $100.

But good point on localities banning such a device. This is the point of the thread.

6. BrassMonkey

In many juristictions it would not pass muster.

7. BrassMonkey

That would likely result in the ATF calling it an AOW and subjecting it to NFA regulations.

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Okay, now we're talking, but are we delving into NFA land?

Pen guns, flashlight guns, etcetera, would require our target consumer to do all the Class 3 stuff, and she'd be better off just getting the classes, the piece, and the permit.

Good point on the OC, my brother. See, I hadn't considered that, this is already a fruitful thread.

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Geez, Benning...Other than a purse that fires used tampons....I don't think we're going to get a marketable single use revolver.

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'd cease an attack right there.

Since it's single use, how much could be plastic and still operate reliably?

What if it was, say, a 3 shot cylinder?

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

The entire thing could be plastic, powered by a single CO2 cartridge.

12. BrassMonkey

That would be a pellet gun. Mace would would be better.

13. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

[​IMG]
    Done!....Now all we need to do is work out the legal....:D

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

It has to be pheremone based. Maybe PMS scent. No man would continue attack from there. They have no idea why they don't attack, but they turn and skedaddle like a buck who smells human. Therefore, it could be an atomizer.

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm in agreement with Skull, definitely has to be an odor based weapon. :rolleyes:

How about a single use stink grenade? The woman pulls the pin, drops at her feet and any attacker(s) is overcome with the odor of 100 unclean vaginas? :eek:

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Congrats, Dog. Your 600th post contains the words, "unclean vaginas."

So now we have a clue as to why the project is difficult. Are the obstacles insurmountable?

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

lmfao! :d :d

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

How you been, Skully?:)

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I've been doing well, my friend. Missed you...not the same around here without you. How have you been?

Ok, so if we go with some sort of scent bomb or pheremone based defense, how can we bottle it. Who will volunteer to collect the sweat of PMSing women or worse yet, the smell of the unwashed hey-nanner-nanners? Would there be a concern of hazardous waste in the disposal of unused or spent containers?

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Why not the HIV pistol?

Is a dart gun loaded with AIDS a firearm?:eek: