EPA going after wood stoves.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Mosin, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

2. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Time to score one on Craigslist for the future Bunker.

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

is there anything that the government does NOT regulate?

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

AIRTIGHT woodstoves have been regulated for years. Plain old fashioned non-airtight stoves- no.

5. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

how i drop a deuce, and then wipe!!! :rolleyes:

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Well the EPA does regulate the amount of water a toilet can flush. And I'm not even going to start on their regulations regarding paper production...

7. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

you just have to tell the plumbing supply company what you have, and they will steer you to a "heftier" flush mechanism. :rolleyes: parent's just replaced theirs. dad said, "i want one that i don't have to flush 9 times, just to get a turd down."

the plumbing supply guy gave him one that he said would suck his shoe off. lmao :eek:

8. vincent

vincent New Member

Ignorance...this country seems to have a MASSIVE surplus...:mad:

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

It does a pretty poor job of regulating itself and its members!!!!

The Gov really is whats holding us down not pulling us up! Im paying $4.10 a gallon for gas and were sitting directly on one of the worlds largest supplies of Natural Gas! The power generators could run the next 500 years cleanly off that NG and leave the Oil we arent allowed to touch in Alaska, The Gulf, Canada and American shale/ Coal Oil Production to run our automobiles cheaply until they can power the grid with sustainable affordable power for our Electric Cars! The best offshoot of which would be we wouldnt need to lick the boots of Terrorists or Sheiks for Middle Eastern GI Blood infused Oil!

They want to ban Outdoor boilers because the stacks aren't sufficient to disperse the smoke high enough. Pellet Production is regulated just like fuel so that the free market doesnt create unfair competition so we have to pay up to $250 a ton for waste wood fuel that should be more like $100. Their fingers run so deeply into controlling and regulating the free market that its free only if you buy the right approval from the correct Repubicrat authority.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

USEBOTHHANDS, is this where your screen name comes from? LMAO!

MMMM, I think they are. Around here at least, you are not supposed to install them. If you need a cert. from the fire dept. for your homeowner's insurance, and the fire dept. won't sign off on a non-EPA stove...........it may depend on your state & specific city/town.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  12. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I seriously doubt if all the wood stoves in America put out .05% as much smoke in a year as one Colorado forest fire does in one day. It's just more "control the people" crap.

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. Ignorance is a product of the Department of Education. Never say that govt doesn't produce anything.

14. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The EPA and state environmental agencies have been going after wood stoves for at least 20 years. The fireplace insert in our 20 year old house has a catalytic combuster.

Yep, blame the US congress for that one. In 1992 the US congress passed the Energy Policy Act; regulating flush toilets: Bush I signed it into law. Rather than regulate the use of water by golf courses, car washes, and other real water wasters; the golf playing US congress went after flush toilets.

http://cei.org/studies-point/flush-anger-should-washington-regulate-toilets

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I know that some areas of the country (Colorado especially) you cannot get a building permit to install ANYTHING that burns solid fuel- but in all fairness, air quality in the Denver Metro area sucks big time.

With the Fire Marshall, not so much is stove is EPA listed, but if it is UL listed. UL does safety, EPA air quality. There ARE pollution production standards for airtight stoves- have been for over 20 years. But none for non-airtight stoves, which burn hotter and quicker.

16. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Its not too difficult to knock up a basic stove from an old gas bottle.

Attached Files:

17. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

That's kind of a neat stove. I see a new line of work for you if the S ever HTF.........