Eothech/sight mark reflex

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Subcomp9, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

After seeing sight mark is it really worth the money to get an eotech

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I've never met an eotech I didn't like.

3. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

I understand eotech is top notch but you can get reflex+magnifier from them for 1,069 and you can get reflex+magnifier from sight mark for 239. So is eotech that much better

4. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

They have a lifetime warranty so it couldn't hurt to save quite a bit of money

5. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

YES on the EOTech---

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

EOTechs worth every penny!

8. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I am going with Sight Mark. The Z series has a lifetime warranty and for the price it can't be bad. I don't plan on tossing my Ar out of a plane or heli do no need to waste money.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Lots of luck my friend :)
    In my 50 yrs of gun exsperience i've found that spending money on quality was never a waste-

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Let us know how it hold up. My EOTECH is on her second upper. Plumb wore out the first one but that sight still works like the day I bought her...

8 years and over 10k rounds so I've got nothing but praise for EOTECH and the gun store guy that convinced me to step up.

Tack

11. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Well I have learned that you don't waste money on a name. Up and coming companies are trying to get there name out give you quality for a good price. Eotech is only that expensive cause the military uses them. If it was not for that they would be priced right. On my last 308 I had a NcStar scope and out shot every one of my friends and their high dollar scopes.

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Why of course you did & you are 100% correct on the price of the highly over rated & priced EOtech :)

13. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I know I am. Haha

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You do grasp the concept of sarcasim - right? :p

15. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Do you?????? The question was asked which one you as in me and you prefer well I go with a reasonably priced sight while you go with a highly marked up sight. I also love Glock due to the price and reliability. I bet you don't like Glock and to you it is a cheap weapon. Lol.

16. sgttessnc

sgttessnc New Member

bickering, bickering... the question is about sight mark/eotech. there is more to it than just price and name. Quality is different

I have a sight mark green dot on my mossberg HD setup and like it very much. It is plastic, its' controls are hard to adjust, difficult to zero, and battery changes are cumbersome.
    Is the quality in the same ball park as EoTech? No.
    Is it a good unit for it's price? Yes it is.
    Will it work if the lens is shattered? not sure but I dont bet on it.
    Is it cool? sure is.
    Would I expect it to survive a drop? maybe, if it landed on carpet.
    Would I three gun with it? no.

I have an EoTech 517 on my AR. The batter compartment is plastic but to save weight the Aluminum hood that protects the lens is robust and will withstand lots of abuse.
    Does the quality live up to the hype. Yes
    Is it a good unit for it's price? Yes it is.
    Will it work if the lens is shattered? Yes it will if you can see through any part of the lens with you can use it if needed.
    Is it cool? Damn Right.
    Would I expect it to survive a drop? Absolutely, and if It didn't I would return it for an exchange.
    Would I three gun with it? Yes and I would fight with it and bet my life on it.

Look at what you are going to use the sight for. Home Defense? Range work? Plinking? Hunting? there are places and times that both sights are useful. $$$ is a huge factor and not all shooters have $400+ for a sight, I didn't but saved $ I made while overseas in Iraq and splurged on my EoTech.

we don't need to fight over the issue, the point of these forums is to give our opinion or advice, not to convince other that they are wrong and you are right.

Good luck in your choice and if you don't like it get rid of whatever you get. save or shop around. Be happy and proud of whatever you have as long as it work for what you want it to do.

17. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

This is a post I would agree with. And I was trying to make the same point just not in so many words. Lol. I said I don't plane on tossing my AR out a plane. Thought he would have figured it out. I don't do 3 gun. No time of money for that. I plink and hunt. I hunt with a totally different weapon.

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well dam- didn't mean to hit your serious nerve :eek:
    But seriously- I don't like glock & you kinda took over the OP's thread :eek:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  19. Subcomp9

Subcomp9 New Member

Well damn. i think im going with sight mark cause it will only be used in an indoor range and i dont plan on rolling through a hall to shoot

20. Americaneagle

Americaneagle New Member

I just heard about this company, Sight Mark. They claim to be holographic but that probably is not the case. How does the reticle look in person?