EOTech Thermal/night Vision

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by ArrizX, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

Dude wants to trade me this for my beat up jeep. Long story short I have a Cherokee buggy on 38s and he wants to give me this

http://www.opticsplanet.com/insight...n-night-vision-thermal-device-cqb-001-a7.html

He says it works great, some scratches on it, its not stolen and he used it for hunting. Am I missing something? Offer is awfully good for me considering its a 2000 dollar Jeep. What do these sell used for? It would be good for my AR-15

Just need some insight and info, ive never even looked at a 20k scope before.

2. hmh

hmh New Member

I don't see how it doesn't burn you when you touch it.

3. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

That mil issue. Could me from the war. Check it before u get it.

4. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

what are you talking about?

5. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

if it is, am I not allowed to own it?

6. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I think he's implying that its hot! Stolen! I would be kinda Leary for sure.

7. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

Sounds like he is in the military, I am going to say probably not stolen. I doubt there is a way to tell? Can you check a serial number like a gun or anything like that?

8. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I have no idea, but if he's in the military and stole it from the government, you may be in some hot water if you get caught with it, I'm sure you could contact someone with the serial number but have no idea how or who.

9. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Most mil hardwear is traceable. its just funny if a civ is willing to trade cnvd-t for a jeep. There good to about 500meters. on a clear cold day i would say about 650. If he not pullin ur leg put some hands on it and see if its got sand in the mount. There good units both stand alone and on a day time optic. My bet is hot. Going rate new there 24k

10. hmh

hmh New Member

If he is in the military than it is stolen or "acquired". No one in the military could afford one. The fact it has scratches also tells me its stolen because no one that paid that much for it might scratch it once but never again.

11. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I agree with this statement.

12. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

Very interesting. Might be an avoid situation.

13. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I would ask the guy for documentation that he legally acquired and owns it and see how his reaction is, that's usually the tell tale sign.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ask him for the receipt from when he bought it, or arrange to do the transfer in a public place- the MP station on post, or State Police/ County Sheriff's office. If he geeks, you've got your answer.

15. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I'm with c3 on this one, usually get your answer really quickly that way!

16. longunner

longunner New Member

Why would anyone ever buy a sight that's ten times more expensive than their gun? :confused:

17. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Get the sn# and I can run it through military arms data base.

18. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Even better idea right here, if the numskull did "acquire" it what kind of penalty could he be facing? If you can tell us.

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

don foget the batfe often trolls for people with stuff like that to bait you into doing something illegal. since the batfe serves no purpose other than to violate the constitution they make up sting operations to entrap people.

think fast and furious

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I would also ask how much use will you get out of it compared to your jeep???

I would love to have one, but an item that expensive that is "just for fun" and has no practical use is in the old "if i win the lottery" category.