Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get the Eotech model 512, and was wondering if the reticle is adjustable or not. I have looked to try and find an answer with no luck, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
im not 100 percent. but im 99 percent sure yes. my friend had an eotech, pretty sure that model. it was brightness adjustable, and elevation/windage adjustable as well.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Buddy of mine bought an eotech sight, we took it new out of the box, mounted it and it was defective from the factory. he sent it back and they have good warranty and replaced it with a new one which works fine now

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
It's got a brightness adjustment but you don't have the option of changing the design of the reticle or the color, you get whatever you choose when you buy it.

I have a cheap knock off that has 3 different reticle options but whenever I switch from one to another I lose zero on it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
512 here also.....the wisest choice IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
The 512's are getting replaced by the Xps's which are about half of the length. I've sold a few dozen of them since they came out and that is what I have on my personal gun. Takes up a lot less rail space and looks cooler. You can see it in my avatar,but here is a better picture. I love the thing.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
The 512's are getting replaced by the Xps's which are about half of the length. I've sold a few dozen of them since they came out and that is what I have on my personal gun. Takes up a lot less rail space and looks cooler. You can see it in my avatar,but here is a better picture. I love the thing.

What battery does that use? I like the 512 because I keep AA's around for other purposes and much like ammo I want to have to have a lot of a few types for more flexibility.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
What battery does that use? I like the 512 because I keep AA's around for other purposes and much like ammo I want to have to have a lot of a few types for more flexibility.
Thats what i like about the 512 myself - Size don't matter :D

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Yunus said:
Same here, AAs are always around somewhere, and their cheaper than the little lithiums.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
MrWray said:
Same here, AAs are always around somewhere, and their cheaper than the little lithiums.
Agreed! AA just seemed better for a
Shtf scenario. What home doesnt have AA's laying around

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
TV-PressPass said:
I find the 512 can be a little dim in bright light. I love mine, its a solid optic. But I'd never have it without cowittnessed troy sights. On its own, there's too many scenarios where it can be washed out.
Ive never had that problem with mine, confused

1 - 20 of 40 Posts