EOTech on a varmit gun?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by HotFudge, Oct 25, 2013.

1. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Kind of want to stick one on a 10/22 that'll mainly be a plinker/squirrel hunter but I'm not sure.

On one hand, I'd be shooting fast-moving targets at >50 yards, which an EOTech would seem ideal for. On the other, it seems pretty stupid to put a 500 dollar reflex sight on a 250 dollar gun and it seems like it'd have too much reticle to shoot small targets.

2. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

if you wanna do it, it's your money & gun, go ahead.

however there are much cheaper alternatives to EOTech that would work just fine on a 10/22. I'm sure someone on this forum has a better priced holographic sight they'd recommend for your gun

3. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I do not always use Eotech optics...but when I do, I prefer centerfire rifles...

Get a decent $99 red dot and you will be very pleased...spend the rest on ammo ;)

4. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

+1, Tasco and Simmons have some some optics for even less than that which would work just fine for close range with a 10-22.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Bushnell TRS25 on my 10-22. It makes a light quick handling little rifle. The dot is 3MOA which is 1.5" at 50 yards or .75" at 25 yards. Under $100 and has a 3k hours battery life. I usually shoot at 2" flipper targets at 30 yards off hand.

6. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

You do know EOTech makes a less expensive red dot for rimfire .22 rifles, right? It's the EOTech XPS2-RF. The MSRP is $405. I sell it for less than that.

7. trouter3

trouter3 New Member

Recently saw an EOtech 512 (clone made in china) on a .22 pistol, fella paid If I recall $55 for and he enjoys it and it functions perfectly on a .22 platform ..nice looking combination ..

8. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

Id get a vortex sparc

9. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

For your purposes get a hi lux leatherwood, it's like $60 decent little red-dot, my buddy's got one mounted on his AK, holds zero on 7.62x39 so you should be fine with your .22. It's also waterproof and shock proof, not that you'd be navy SEALing around but not having to worry about a little rain and being able to rinse it off after a day at the range is always a nice feature. I wouldn't buy an optic more expensive than the rifle itself.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews...s-1x30mm-red-dot-tactical-sight-es1x30tp.html

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Amazon has the Bushnell TRS25 for $70. I have 4 of them.

11. samnev

samnev New Member

Agreed or the Vortex Strikefire depending on how you will mount it.,