Eotech on a Rock River LAR15

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by augimatic, Aug 26, 2012.

1. augimatic

augimatic New Member

Hey all I'm relatively new to the AR platform and I just got my first AR a Rock River LAR15 Tactical Operator model with the standard RRA rear iron sight

I also got a eotech sight for it, I'm just wondering if I mount the sight do I need to remove the rear iron sight?

Because I can't view the eotech with the rear sight on I have to look through it to use the sight.

Thoughts?

2. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Learn to co-witness (look through both irons and optic when sighting) all the time if your irons aren't to in the way,or pick you up a set of flip-up irons.

3. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Augi,

A picture of your rifle would be good! We are not sure if you are speaking about the traditional A-2 Removable Sight, A stand alone or flip up!
    And as NCH mentioned they have the Dominator 2 which was specifically designed for use with the EOTech units. If you plan on using the Standard A-2 Removable Sight you will need a Cantilever Mount to tactically mount the EOTech on one of those! Sounds like a great rifle and I am sure you will enjoy it!

5. augimatic

augimatic New Member

image-641363424.jpg

Excuse the toes ha ha this is the rifle without the eotech

6. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

That's a regular removable sight. If I were you I'd put the dominator2 sight on it. I have one on my RRA AR-15 but I don't have an EOTech to put on it.

7. augimatic

augimatic New Member

thanks for all your help an input, I called Rock River to see about the Dominator 2 and it turns out I got the Operator 2 LAR15 and it already has the Dominator 2 on there, duh...

so I'm going to fit my EOTECH and try to learn how to use it with the rear sight, I have the zero out the EOTECH now

8. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

Can you take a better pic of the upper receiver and rear sight? That does not look like the dominator2 sight to me. I'll look at mine tonight when I get home to be sure. Hopefully I'm just confused.

9. augimatic

augimatic New Member

image-4051270025.jpg

Hope this isn't too close

10. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

image-3612446966.jpg

This is what the dominator2 should look like. I still don't think what you have is the dominator2. It has the extended front rail that is made to raise up the holo sight so the co-witness is right, I don't see this on yours

11. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

Here are pics of mine.

image-1665949640.jpg

You can see the stacked rail slots. Also there is no shelf in front of the sight, it runs right to the attached rail in the front. .

Attached Files:

12. augimatic

augimatic New Member

Thanks for your help when I get back home I'll take a closer look I'll remove the eotech and try and remove the sight and see if not I'll just order the dominator 2 and install it right now my sight lines up with the eotech but it also maybe why my shots are off and I'm having a hard time dialing in my sight the rifle is zeroed with the iron sights

13. Seven

Seven New Member

14. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

Nice, mine has the half quad rail mid length hand guard. I love it, would like to get an EOTech for it but have not been able to make that happen yet.

15. augimatic

augimatic New Member

well I just ordered the Dominator 2 I was totally confused because I thought my Operator 2 came with it, turns out mine came with the stand alone Rear iron sight, My bad, when I saw the sight I assumed I was good to go. Now I know.

I'm assuming when I get the Dom 2 I'll have to head to the range and zero out everything again.

Oh well, not like I don't enjoy shooting my weapon just another excuse to be at the range

thanks for your help

16. Seven

Seven New Member

The rear sight on my D2 was pretty much dead nuts, but I did have to tweak the EOT a touch.