Eotech holographic sights

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by lilnoug, May 3, 2013.

1. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

I have a question about the different holographic sights. While doing my research some have raised based and some do not. Why would you want to buy one with a raised bases or why would you not want one with a raised base. Does one option allow co-witness with iron sites?

2. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

I have an EOTech 512 mounted on the flat top. Perfect co-witness with the standard front sight.

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

if you have the front sight post, a perfect co-witness, will set the reticle on the tip of the sight post. Some people like it floating above the sight post, for a better field of view on target.

irons visible in the lower 1/3 of the red dot. Basically imagine the top of your FSB in the lower 1/3 of your optic.

allows for a clearer FOV with the dot but still have the ability to use your BUIS without having to remove the optic/mount combo

although we are talking about Eotechs, here is my Aimpoint with a 1/3rd co-witness which I prefer than a perfect co-witness.
    [​IMG]

4. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I have the same setup. I like it just fine the way it is. The front sight doesn't bother me in the least.