EoTech - CoWitness?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JeffCooper, Oct 20, 2011.

1. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

Greetings! Seems as though the missus wants to hook me up with an EoTech holographic sight for my AR for our anniversary. Currently I have an MBUS rear flip up and an f-marked A2 up front.

I've seen...well, I've *heard* of co-witnessing. Can I do that with an A2 Will I need anything special to mount up the EoTech or is this your basic drop in? I've an a3 flat top.

I think eventually I'll swap the A2 for BUIS on some kind of rail... But don't want to scare the wife with too many goodies at once. :)

Your expert guidance is greatly appreciated!

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'm pretty sure the EoTech's body is tall so blocks the irons - no cowitnessing.

3. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

Dang ...that sux. I thought Id seen vid of guys doing the co witness thang..of course I watch a LOT of vid of AR15

4. shnorse

shnorse New Member

my eotech 516 works great with my a2 sight... works with rear buis also, they all line right up..

5. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

Oh! I answered my own question, I think! Check it out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7eJk5jtlY]EOTech 552 and Magpul BUIS co-witness - YouTube[/ame]

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

It will work, i have the same set up on mine. You can still use the iron sights through the Eotech.

ForumRunner_20111020_195401.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sorry I gave bad info guys. I had seen a couple reports that it didn't cowitness. :eek: Can't trust everything you read!

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Just got back from the range. Took the EoTech fitted AR out today and it co-witnesses. W/ the Troy BUIS it's a true co-witness. I forgot how much I like it.

9. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

this is all excellent data. No fear eitber. We all get to learn from out brothers in here, that's the best part.

MJ can I assume that I'll be able to have `true` cowitness on on my zombie killer as well? I've got the A2 f-marked sight and a magpul mugs in the back.

Can you explain `true` ...?

Thanks for the cool pics too guys!

10. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jeff

As the guys have stated it will work fine! The only thing is the Red Reticle of the EOTech will sit in the center and on top of the front sight post when zeroed, which is OK. If it causes you a distraction with the dot and the front sight being there in close proximity in the future. Get a Rock River Dominator II Rear Sight and Rail System. This is the one the DEA and others use. It will allow you to look over the top of both iron sights without the visual distraction of the rear and front sight. And will also co-witness should your optics fail you by simply lowering your head around 1/4 of an inch and looking through the EOTech Screen at your iron sights. Great combination!

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

That is an idea, or you can also dim your recticle

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

True its like Sniper03 stated, the post sits in the middle of your "window". For wm it doesn't cause a problem at all. W/ both eyes open my concentration is on the target and the post become almost invisible. Its a mind trick your brain plays on you.

I know oppinions are like a**holes but if I'm thinking of the same sight you're talking about I have known a couple guys who were really unhappy w/ that RRA sighting system and sold them off.

This one?
    Rock River Arms: RRA Tactical Carry Handle

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  13. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

I figure if i get sick of this whole co-witness thing, I can flip down my MBUS rear site and replace my A2 FSB with a gas-block and flip-up battle site....so they are there is I need them (like my optic craps out), but I dont have to look at them. Anyway - thanks for all the great feedback!