Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently got an AR15 and I'm trying to decide what optic to get. I've narrowed it down to either the Eotech 512, XPS2 or EXPS2. I've got the Ruger AR556 MPR, so there is ample rail space, so the smaller XPS is a non factor. I'm aware of some complaints that the batteries being in line with the gun could cause flickering from recoil, but as 556 is inherently a low recoil round, and this particular AR15 is even lower recoil than most ARs, then that too is probably a non issue.

From all the research that i can find i think the only thing im not sure about is the height, the EXPS has the 7mm riser and the 512 does not so its full co-witness (but im going to use flip up irons, so thats not an issue). But if i do want a higher stance i can just get an extra riser right?....my question about that, are risers stable and wont come loose and lose zero?

On a side note about full vs lower 1/3 cowitness...originally i thought i wanted lower 1/3, but since ill be using flip up irons and not fixed, i dont think it matters. On the other hand i might want a higher stance (even more than lower 1/3 perhaps) if i want a quick cheek mount for quick target acquisition, as the purpose of this gun is home defense (which is also why i decided to spend more $ on a holo optic). Thoughts?

Of course the 512 is also a good bit cheaper, and given all these factors i think the 512 is perfectly fine for me, but i still have these nagging questions. The 512 also has longer battery life.

Is there anything else I've missed between these choices?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I like absolute co witness with my flip up sights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I ordered the 512, thanks.

I also got a nice little surprise. I ordered from sportsmansguide for the 10% off and free shipping...but then the browser app HONEY gave me a coupon code for ANOTHER 10% off. Sweet. So if anyone needs anything from sportsmansguide, the honey app is giving a 10% coupon code now. Oh actually...the coupon code was GROUPONDD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts