Engraving the lower receiver for my next build

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by TexasGunner, Jun 24, 2013.

1. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Here is a clip of the rotary engraving process I did on stripped lower. Only a clip cause the run time was almost 20 minutes. Typically I would use my laser engraver, but on this build I am going to be sending my lower off to WMD to have it nickel boron coated. So the long and the short of it is I need to have the engraving down into the surface of the aluminum. Should look pretty sweet when it is all finished.

[ame]http://youtu.be/khDKByuCHK8[/ame]

image-1356455087.jpg
    Here's the preview of the file on the screen.
    image-110681677.jpg
    What it should look like after coating. This is a scrap of aluminum that I engraved and painted for effect.
    image-2626077230.jpg
    ....and the finished product.

I'm curious to know what y'all think about this one.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Gunner, very impressive and i like it! should look good once it's finished and looking forward to seeing the finished rifle:D

3. towboater

towboater Active Member

Looks great. When are ya going into buisness?

4. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Going into business? I own and operate an engraving business in Lubbock, TX. So I have the cool tools for a reason. But it does make customizing my builds a lot easier! And cheaper for that matter!

5. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Here's a before and after pic. I went back into the office this evening and decided to engrave the caliber on it. I really like how it turned out. Now all I gotta do is gather up all of the parts that will receive the NiB-X treatment and get them sent to WMD.

image-1917190218.jpg image-783004495.jpg

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hey bud lets see some of your other engravings. very very nice. Im looking for something unique to put on the mag well of one specific rifle of mine

7. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I will post more pictures as they become available. Some customers do not want pictures of their stuff online. Let me know what you are looking for and I can do a mock up for you.

Perhaps you would be interested in something like this?

image-2742819318.jpg