Enforcing Your Social Distance

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Oaktree45, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:40 AM.

1. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

There are still people out there who think the Covid-19 is just the flu instead of a highly contagious respiratory virus. While you probably won't die from this virus there is a high probability of needing hospitalization and a respirator. These are the people who ignore the stay at home and social distancing guidelines. Many of these people are friends or relatives who will insist on hugging you.

The following is a tutorial on how to enforce the “six foot rule” on those who don’t believe in social distancing. A substantial pointy stick that is between 5 to 6 feet long is the best tool for enforcing the 6 foot rule of social distancing. You should probably carry this pointy stick with you at all times.

I have added three photos at the end of this tutorial for a visual aid.

The following three steps is a proven method for keeping people at a proper distance. If you see someone coming toward you and you think they are the type to violate the six foot rule assume a Warning Position with your stick. In the warning position hold your pointy stick horizontal to the ground with the pointy end facing forward. Your right hand should be near your right hip. The left hand should be in a forward position on the pointy stick about two and a half feet in front of the right hand. Your feet should be pointing forward and one foot should be slightly behind the other.

If the Warning Position doesn’t deter those intent on hugging you or otherwise violating the social distance rule, then your next option is to execute the Long Poke position. From the warning position, move your rear foot toward the hugger and lunge forward extending your entire body and yell, “social distancing please” three times rapidly. Waving your pointy stick menacingly while in this position should deter even the most aggressive hugger.

In the unlikely event that the hugger continues their advance toward you then your next option is the Love Tap. From the Long Poke position retreat to an upright position with your feet back in the positon of the Warning Position. Move your pointy stick horizontal and over your left shoulder with the pointy end facing the rear and the blunt end of the stick facing forward. As the hugger closes in, thrust the blunt end of your pointy stick forward giving the hugger a love tap to the forehead. This will knock any thought of hugging you out of their mind.

BONUS TIP: Keeping your pointy stick in the Warning Position while walking through grocery stores will ensure that other shoppers adhere to the social distance rule.

Here are the photos of the three positions I mentioned. I hope you find this Social Distancing Tutorial useful during these trying times.

IMG_4705_1.jpg

IMG_4706_1.jpg

IMG_4707_1.jpg E

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

If the old guy in pictures is you, oak tree, you look pretty good for your age.

Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.

3. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

In our neighborhood, "social distance" is measured in terms of hundreds of meters...About the effective range of a decent carbine...Neighbors excluded, as they provide interlocking fields of fire and are pretty good folks!

primer1, Oaktree45 and Txhillbilly like this.
  4. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a few Mauser sticks too. Good choice. :cool:

Oaktree45 likes this.
  5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

OAK

Really liked the On Guard Warning Position! Looks like you have the positions pretty well mastered!

Oaktree45 likes this.
  6. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

Thank you. I hate looking at pictures of myself because my hair just turned gray in the past two years. Darn!

primer1 and Rifling82 like this.
  7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

8. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Although it's easy to say while I'm still healthy, I think I'm gonna let the first thing that goes wrong with me kill me. I hate hospitals

primer1, Trez, austin92 and 1 other person like this.
  9. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

I have the skunk effect going with my hair greying lol. My LGS always ask me what color to out when he calls my approval in. Can't use 2 tone or skunk he said. I tell him brown or grey.

Oaktree45 likes this.
  10. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

I find that a well timed fart will get the folks around you to stay at a safe distance away.

primer1, towboater, Oaktree45 and 2 others like this.
  11. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

OK, that made me laugh out loud.

towboater and JTJ like this.
  12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I spoke with a neighbor that is still working. He said they went from shaking hands to bumping fists to bumping elbows and now some are doing the Wuhan shuffle.

Oaktree45 likes this.
  13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I think ill go with a Arisaka.. Longer stick, longer pointy bit... :p

Oaktree45 likes this.
  14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Thats my plan too... :p

SRK97 likes this.
  15. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Longer than a 91/30 mosin? :)

16. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

I don't get it . In WWI , the men had bolt rifles and bayonets but somehow they got the flu anyway ..........

Oaktree45 and Trez like this.
  17. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

About the same - The Arisaka is longer, and the Mosin has a longer bayonet.... But the Trapdoor is longer.. :p
    KIMG1667.JPG

towboater, Oaktree45 and austin92 like this.