Enforce Laws, Don't make new

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by danf_fl, Dec 17, 2012.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although this is a rant, bear with me.

Currently we have so many laws at the federal and local level.
    We have laws against drug abuse, and drugs are still abused.
    We have laws against drunk driving, but every day it still happens.
    We have laws against spouse and child abuse, but every day it still happens.
    We have laws against speeding, but every day, I see it happen.
    We have laws against animal fighting, but it still happens.

So, please tell me again, how will more laws on firearms be effective?

Our Law Enforcement personnel (who do a good job for the most part), have the responsibility to enforce the law. But with so many, how can they?

2. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

One day people will have enough,and their only options will be to either carry/keep their guns in a way opposed to the law and risk jail time,or know that they or their loved ones will probably get killed at some point without them.With those being the only options many will choose life.Their conscience won't let them leave home unarmed.This is why after Columbine many teachers had concealed pistols on them illegally.It is very sad that they have to make that choice because their government is a blind idiot,the only ones that are mentally i'll are all the (D's) in Washington.

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping for SHTF, and the city dwellers, animal rights, and anti gun nuts eradicate themselves out if the picture. COME ON SHTF!!!! We only need like 3 or 4 months of no electricity.

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I've never thought of this but it is genius!

5. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

Couldn't states just ignore the federal law, if passed? Kinda like they did with pot? And allow modern rifle possession.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Months? Days man, days. 7 days without power and this country will turn into Thunder Dome.

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Only if the rifle is 100% fabricated, assembled and sold in the state. If it crosses state lines it falls under federal jurisdiction. Believe that Montana and Tennessee both have passed state sovereignty laws on firearms manufacturing.

8. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

I see. I didn't now how that would work but thought if the pot heads could get away with it why not us right. What are the chances of getting an upper if I already had a lower under a non retroactive ban.

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

In all honesty the last ban only removed a couple of parts that do not negatively affect the rifles function. Unless you are hell bent in a bayonet you wont have a problem.

10. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

and magazines, and adjusting stocks.. which isnt huge, but its not as fun either. but i'm sure they will add more this go around.