enfield mk 4

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by dicky0331, Aug 3, 2010.

1. dicky0331

dicky0331 New Member

hello guys, I am trying to restore a sporterizes enfield mk4. I can not seem to locate a stock or rings to replace the badly butchered original. Does anyone know where to find these? Any help would be much apreciated! Thanks for looking...

2. Pounce

Pounce Member

I'm in the same boat dicky. Same rifle,same problem. I saw they have stocks in Sarco. I was going to call them today. I still might. Ron

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Check with centerfiresystems.com and Southern Ohio Guns, and see if they have any.

4. dicky0331

dicky0331 New Member

I tried the centerfire site to no avail... But thanks! Looks like numrich is the next choice...

5. Pounce

Pounce Member

I just got off the phone with Sarco Inc. They are out of Sterling,NJ. I've been there a few times over the years. Quite a place. Small showroom with all sorts of neat stuff.I got all the wood (new original)minus the butt which I have. The two barrel bands (1 swivel)and screws. One front site blade. They didn't have the blade screw. I'll get that elsewhere.Ten pieces in all. $62.00-$7.00 s/h. Not too bad. I just hope it all comes together ok! Ron

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Sounds great. I would like to see finished product.

7. Pounce

Pounce Member

The parts won't be here for the usual 7-10 days.I will post a photo when done. I just took the thing apart and cleaned it today. (for the most part) I hope the wood is in good shape or I'll have to do some cleaning and the like on them also. Ron