End times anyone?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by spittinfire, Jul 22, 2009.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

The mention of end times has come up a number places on this forum so I thought I would start a thread for it and voice some of my views. Jesus said this in 2 Timothy.

2 Timothy 3:1-5

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

I can see this going on all around us and I personally believe it is going to get worse before Jesus returns for his followers.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

As an agnostic pothead, i guess those two parts aren't good for me. Here's hoping the second coming is after my going.

BTW, kudos on your faith; at least you have one that makes sense to you. Lots of us don't.

3. opaww

opaww New Member

I won't say it's not happening, sense I see some of this also. But I saw it 40 years ago, and my parents saw it in their youth. We can go all the way back to a time when electornics did not exist and the going job was goat herder, they believed the end time was up on them then.

I don't worry about when it comes, but the trick is to be ready all the time so your not caught with your pants down.

4. spittinfire

I too was once an agnostic pothead, I sincerely encourage you investigate the teachings of Jesus further. It won't matter if you are gone before Jesus comes back, the end result will be the same.

Luke 21:10-12
    10Then He continued by saying to them, "Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom,
    11and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

12"But before all these things, (H)they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name's sake.

Anyone else see this happening?

5. spittinfire

I agree opaww, my parents and grandparents have talked about the very thing you mentioned. Luke 21:13 says,

13"(I)It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony

so I am.

6. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

+1000 Spit

While it is true that these signs have been in existence since man was created, the real indicator is the rapidity and volume of these occurrences. There is no doubt in my mind that these "indicators" have grown exponentially in the last 40 years...people ask "how much worse can it get?" - read Revelations and weep! We are not there yet, and I hope I am not around when we are...because THAT will be the real SHTF scenario for which "preparedness" will have little meaning or effect.:eek:
    You can run, but you can't hide...

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Nope!! Not enough destruction, chaos, or war!! Besides, no one will for see the end of days. I for one do not presume to be a visionary or prophet of the end of times.

8. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Well Obama sure is trying his best to "fast track" it!

9. user4

user4 New Member

I have come to a unique place in my relationship with God where I no longer worry about the "end times" like I used to. I think the world will try to make believers suffer, but God will shelter His own against the coming wrath.

Since the world is already attacking believers at record numbers, I am excited to be living in such times as these. The worst thing that can happen is we can die. But since our bodies are merely shells containing our spirit, is this really a loss?

Be prepared if that's what your heart leads you to do, but press in to the Father is you want to have peace. We were not meant to worry about it.

10. spittinfire

You have stated my view on this very subject quite well but that is only my personal view. I'm hoping this thread my encourage others to investigate this subject and perhaps in the near future share our view.

God has given me peace and joy in my life, I hope I can share that with others here. At the same time I can share my love of this great nation, firearms and my dislike of the left, hippies and and obamalamadingdong.

11. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

I don't think any of us can deny that these things are happening, and maybe they are happening in an exponential rate, but there is also exponentially more people on this planet to carry these things out, both positive and negative. I personally think these things run in cycles. I'm kind of curious to know what the per capita rate is.

The Bible also says "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36. It also says (pardon my paraphrase, the particular scripture escapes me right now) that there is not a fortress strong enough, a mountain high enough or a cave deep enough to save you from that day. I take great comfort in the grace of Jesus, knowing there will be a day when I shed this earthly husk and join my Father in Heaven.

12. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

As do I. We are nothing without him, and everything with him, as long as we let him lead. Life would be such a bother and dissappointment without knowing him.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Not to derail, but if you get a chance when you haven't just eaten, you could read about the Iranian president whose name i cannot even attempt to spell and his "holy" wells. Apparently he had some wells cleaned up & some roads from the wells fixed up; these wells supposedly are important in the Islamic end times scenarios. Kinda spooky when both of those religions agree it's almost curtain time, IMO.

I have tried to find a link before and couldn't. Feel free to reasearch it or discount it as you will.

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Lots of people have their theories of when it's going to happen. As was mentioned, the Bible clearly tells us that no one knows, so when I hear theories of when like the 2012 theory, I know that person does not read their Bible.

One thing I know, we're closer than before. :)

15. user4

user4 New Member

Being a student of eschatology, I have looked into the end times studies of various cultures and religions. Islam's is eerily similar to Christianity's end times prophesies with one large difference... Their messiah is the anti-christ. And yes, Ahmedineajed believes that he will usher in the 13th imam. He also believes that he can usher in his coming by instigating the destruction of Iran.

16. user4

user4 New Member

2012 does not exclude biblical prophecy. Jesus said you'd no know the day or the hour. But he also said you'd know the signs as one knows the seasons. I'm not saying that 2012 IS the end, but you can't eliminate it as a possibility. One thing one CAN be guaranteed of is it wont be Dec 21, 2012.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I was eluding to that. :)

18. spittinfire

That is interesting. You should know that the same person, aka yabadaba-do, believes he is here to usher in the end of the world so him doing something like that doesn't surprise me.

2 Peter 3:3-9

3(F)Know this first of all, that (G)in the last days (H)mockers will come with their mocking, (I)following after their own lusts,
    4and saying, "(J)Where is the promise of His (K)coming? For ever since the fathers (L)fell asleep, all continues just as it was (M)from the beginning of creation."

5For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that (N)by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was (O)formed out of water and by water,

6through which (P)the world at that time was (Q)destroyed, being flooded with water.

7But by His word (R)the present heavens and earth are being reserved for (S)fire, kept for (T)the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8But do not let this one fact escape your notice, (U)beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and (V)a thousand years like one day.

9(W)The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but (X)is patient toward you, (Y)not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

That date has spooked me since i first heard about it. I deal with a lot of numbers as an accountant, and my personal numbers repeat, my SSN is a repeating sequence seperated by a 7 and my birthdate is 07/10/71. edit* I'm not a numeralogist & realize that my statement may seem silly, but you have surely noticed how some numbers show up more in nature & such (flower petals, etc.)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  20. spittinfire

Well guys I'm heading home, no internet there just yet, keep it civil. I was a little worried when I first posted this but so far everything has been good. I look forward to see what it posted during the evening.