End of the world...friday......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Dec 17, 2012.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

They are having a end of the world party Friday at my work...Every body is putting why they think the end will happen on paper and putting it in a box and the boss will read them out after we eat lunch Friday...The best-one wins...$50.00...Bucks...anybody have a $50.00 dollar answer ???....need something good.....:confused:....

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

OOOO....and if the world does end,I guess I won't need the $50.00 Bucks....:rolleyes:...

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Was wonderin when you'd figger that out :p

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Hey now play nice Hoss.......not all of us are as edjumicated as yous;) that being said how bout cuz our govt is/has run our country into the dirt OP?

Side note-check you pm hoss

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

If the World ends on Friday, my mortgage company is going to be pissed.

6. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

Mine too!

That's funny....

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Perhaps "At the fortold moment, all U.S. Senators and Representatives will simultaneously try to think of a way out of the fiscal mess our country is in; the end of the world will result from the chain reaction of their skulls exploding...".

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Make sure you get every believer to sign over thier cars and houses to you, and if they have good lookin 18 year old daughters that need a place to stay.....

9. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

If Friday is a full-moon...All the crazy's will be-out and about......

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

How many people can read a Mayan Calender anyway. Some old Mayan may have just marked his retirement date.;)

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Or opening day of howler monkey mating season;)

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

There are crazys about 24/365 1/4

13. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

The world will end because some guy at CERN will go "Here ya'll hold my beer and watch this!":D

14. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Do you think its gonna be that cold on Friday??

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The end of the world makes me sad. My oldest would have turned 29 on 12-23. I'm not buying any Christmas presents because what's the point? We won't be here.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The world cannot end 12-21.

Deer season has another 3 weeks left to go, and I still have not gotten the leaves cleaned up.

Y'all go ahead- I'll catch up to you.

17. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

My Granddaughter is really worried bout this.
    More afraid of the nuts causing problems,
    but really worried.

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Shadecorp- a serious answer for the munchkin- Show her a calendar that has a Feb 29th. That Leap Year day was added to keep the calendar in pace with the actual movement of the earth, and the seasons (one trip around the sun is 365.25 days).

The Leap Year was introduced in OUR calendar in about 1582. The Mayans did not use leap years. So since 1582, every 4 years, we had an extra day, meaning that the Maya calendar moved AHEAD one day.

THEIR calendar actually reached 21 Decemeber 107 days ago. The end of the Maya calendar has already happened, and we are still here. (Well, I am- don't know about you....)

Tell her to worry about pimples, politicians, and whether that boy with the freckles really likes her- but not about the calendar.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member