Enclosed shooting bench / deer blind

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by jason7001, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jason7001

jason7001 New Member

[​IMG]

Plans completed for new 3 person shooting bench. Its going on a 350 meter range I just completed. I also placed a feeder at 300m.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The double doors are for when the blind is being used as a shooting bench. Both doors can be opened for air flow, it is hot in Texas!

[​IMG]

I used 2X6s to fill the gap seen below. You can see them in the next picture. The 2x6s made it a tight enough fit that I don't need a latch to keep criters out when not in use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now on to paint!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did someone call for a fork lift?? Coming right up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also got the level out and adjusted the stand so the shooting surface is level.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a view from the feeder looking back at the stand.
    [​IMG]

Same spot as before just zoomed in.
    [​IMG]

A white fallow caught on the game cam I have set up on the feeder.
    [​IMG]

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jason,

That is fantastic! Great Job! We have around five tower stands in Texas but I know some places where your design would work fantastic on the property. I may build one of them this coming year for next falls hunt! Thanks for sharing this! And like your Buddy who is there helping you!!!! Here is a picture of mine resting after a work day. :D

Attached Files:

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

That is a very nice blind. Friends of mine have a permanent blind with electricity run to it. They don't kill a lot of deer because they are to busy watching TV or cooking. They have a good time, that is all that matters.