Empire State Building shooting

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Rarity, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Rarity

Rarity New Member

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Must be an error in the news. NYC doesn't allow people to have guns, so this couldn't possibly have happened.

3. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

I think a bunch of people might have gotten shot from stay bullets, from the cops ? The reports aren't that good. But he had a 45 with an 8 round mag and two officers returned fire. It would suck to get shot..... but from a stray bullet would blow even more if that was the case. Nothing to see here.... move along.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

What evidence is there of that? I haven't seen it yet.:confused::confused:

5. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

At first they said he had a shot gun, then they said he shot his boss and walked away where two officers saw him draw a weapon and they returned fire.

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Strange how this and dozens of other shootings are recently making their way into the psyche of America, in a manner that supports the cries of
    this admistration's war against gun owners and their second amendment rights. It's a cheap clarion call, really, and as transparent as the administration
    Obama once promised will be if ever elected.

7. downsouth

downsouth New Member

19 people were shot in Chicago last night alone. Gun control at its best.

8. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Is that true ???

9. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&redir_esc=&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-com.sec.android.app.twlauncher&v=133247963&qsubts=1345825920298&q=chicago+shootings+2012&v=133247963[/ame]

Google page of Chicago shootings and deaths from violent crimes.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I thought only Chicago didn't allow guns in the city.

As of June 13th, 2012, there have been 225 murders in Chicago by guns. If the pace is kept up it would be 400 by the end of the year. 967 shootings so far of non fatalities.

Chicago is a terrible city. Violence abounds.

12. Rarity

Rarity New Member

It always makes me flinch :p lol

13. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Yes it happens here all the time, especially in the summer when it is hot, 19 people is a slow night on a weekend and average for mid week. You don't hear much about it because it is mostly gang or minority on minority violence and the Chicago political machine wants to keep it quiet so their ideas on control do not come into question. I have no problem if gang members take each other out, but there are a lot of times when innocents get caught in the crossfire, or are victims of an armed thug.

14. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

How do the investigators keep up with that much work load ???

15. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Not to derail the thread anymore, but yes I believe this past weekend was pretty slow in Chicago with 30 injured by gunshots, I do not remember the number deceased.

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

15 iirc......

17. Rarity

Rarity New Member