embarrassed for texas today

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by hawkguy, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

if this had happened in NY, i wouldn't have been all that surprised (no offense NYer's).

i am absolutely floored that a judge and jury bought this LOAD of CRAP!

"affluenza?".....makes me truly ill!

affluenza.....the defense theory that rich kids cannot be held responsible for their actions.....how can this be seen any other way?

well, at least we have a case now that proves what everyone already knew. now they have just put a name to it. the wealthy are above the law in the US....now it has a fancy name. :mad:

all of texas should hang its head in shame over this case.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/

2. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

From now on that spoiled rotten kid will know he can get away with anything. It's disgusting.

3. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Burning question: How much that judges ruling cost the kids parents?

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Keep an eye on that judge. If he drives a new Mercedes.....

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

An uncomfortable precedent to be sure. Other cases may crop up in the future now that this is established in court ruling. Affluence, is one, but if someone is raised in extreme poverty or can demonstrate a lack of parental guidance, or a skewed sense of moral norms from criminal or morally bereft parents, does that make crimes excusable? I'm truely concerned about the errosion of personal responsibility and accountability. I see it creeping into the military now, where a junior enlisted person can do something that is clearly wrong, but it is the fault of their supervisory leadership, for not providing the proper guidance, or adequate supervison.

6. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I don,t see this as a personallyTexas issue , but a corrupt system problem ! Money has power where ever it is .!

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Surely there was something else to this case???

8. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Unbelievable.

9. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

The, its not my fault mentality, just got another name

10. hawkguy

right on the money! if they can make an argument that a rich parents lack of supervision is responsible (vs the offender)...then they will CERTAINLY use this same argument for poor kids who grew up w/o the proper guidance.

the only difference being the poor kids won't have high dollar lawyers to actually make such a ludicrous defense work.

same old story. in our court system...money talks.......then rich folks walk.

at least it has a name now. :mad:

11. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Well if being wealthy is the cause of such actions then wouldn't this be a good reason for redistribution of wealth? Just saying. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

these types of things really piss me off. :mad:

the kid whould have done hard time for negligent homicide wtih a vehicle while under the influence. it was four cases of manslaughter in the least.

this sets a bad precedence for future cases of people not having to be held accountable if they have rich parents. sorry to say, but justice was not served in this case by any means. i can only hope that the families of those who died file civil cases that strip this young man's family of some huge amounts of money, hopefully bankrupting them.

13. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Q: How do you spell 'Affluenza'?
    A: "$$$$$$$$$" - Correct!

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

His family had him admitted to a very expensive resort Spa. His treatment will be spent enjoying life. His parents are paying $450,000 per year for his rehabilitation:eek:.

16. hawkguy

damn...probably makes many normal folk wish they suffered from afluenza....:rolleyes:

this kid should have done some real time. i seriously feel anger for the families of the deceased and permanently damaged.

this is ONE case where i TRULY hope a civil lawsuit follows quickly. damn, i'm not sure if i have ever said that...:mad:

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i agree. this is one of the few times i think a civil trial is needed and to show some justice for those killed and injured. they sure didn't get it in the criminal trial in this case.

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It is simply the direction of the Nation at this time. The Federal Government sets the course for the Nation. Each Presidential Administration influences the National trends. The Obama Presidency continues to provide cover for the well connected.
    People get excited about a gang land murder. But Obama ignores the murder of a USBP agent killed by guns paid for by Eric Holders justice Dept. The well connected are safe. :(

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  19. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

This is nothing new, remember ted kennedy?

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Gees, Dave now the Liberals will go "Nutts". How could you infer the High "Priest" of the left did something wrong? Kennedy did the right thing. He paid off everyone and was elected for life to Washington DC. But of course Kennedy was involved in a fatal accident and became lost while swimming.;):D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.