Elk !...............

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by 303tom, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Deer must be really, really big in MO. Huge.

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The hunter thought the Elk antlers were on an Eastern White Tail? :rolleyes:Does he also do a lot of "Sound" shots?:eek:

3. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, at least it wasn't a cow. i have a friend that paints the word "COW" in bright orange on the side of his holstiens and jerseys ever deer season. Yep, there are some effing geniuses in his area every opening day. :rolleyes:

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I was elk hunting in eastern WA when a guy shot his own horse. It had a blaze orange saddle blanket too. That hunt was a nightmare and my last hunt. I was not willing to go out in the woods with those crazies again and I did not have access to private land.

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I agree with you guys, I am ashamed to say this guy was from Missouri !..............

6. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Haha this reminds me of a story about 15 years ago I was up in the hills here in California stopped at a little store and a guy pulls in and with what he thought was a deer straped across his hood he was so happy he just got his first deer.
    But wait for it wait for it lol it was a goat!!!!!!!!!!!

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

True story. It was raining in WA when a hunter pulled into a cafe and saw the game warden sitting at a table. He sat down at the counter and started bragging about this huge doe he shot and had out in his pick up. The game warden slipped out into the rain to go look at the illegal doe before confronting the hunter. Sure enough it was a doe but it had antlers. The game warden went back into the cafe wet, a little angry and he knew he had been had.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

He going to have a very short life as a hunter !!

9. WhelanLad

WhelanLad New Member

Hahahahahahahah

10. LIBERTY2

LIBERTY2 New Member

And now U know one of the reasons I hunt with a longbow!!!

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I never trail rode my horse during hunting season. :cool:

12. Ruger52

Ruger52 New Member

uhhh this guy was a crappy hunter if he mistook an elk for a white tail. What a moron.

Are there elk in Missouri? I guess one could have wandered in. I know many years ago there were elk there. :)

13. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

That would have been a very expensive mistake in Germany.

14. Ruger52

Ruger52 New Member

I did, do, and always will hunt off horseback.
    But we do things different out west. :p

Peace.

15. Ruger52

Ruger52 New Member

My dad did almost shoot one of our horses. The horse took off with his model 70 in the scabbard, and his 700 dollar roping saddle. He said " if he gets on the ridge, I have to put him down." LOL 30 minutes later the horse came back into camp with its head down.

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I ride during hunting season. I have rode a horse hunting many times. I have never mistaken a horse for a game animal. I know where my horse is tied. I am not going to shoot in that direction.

It is wise for horsemen to wear bright colors during any hunting season. If the hunter sees you quickly it lowers the chance of a freak accident. Personally, I know where the hunters are at in all my riding areas by where their truck is parked.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think she was refering to some idiot mistaking your horse for a game animal. not you shooting your own horse.