Elite Team Fighter

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by hydrashok, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have never heard of him, but I would guess, based on his actions and terminology, that he has had some training. I highly doubt it was Elite Team Status ( I.E. SEALs, Delta, Marine Recon ) and I highly doubt he spent much, if any, time overseas in real combat operations.

The first real pioneers of not slinging your rifle, that I know of, was the British Spec Ops back in the very early days when there was the SAS and the SBS ( Special Air or Special Boat Service ) and they were kicking @ss all over the globe. Their motto was if you were going to carry a weapon, you were to CARRY that weapon until such time that weapon was no good.

I imagine the guy has some useful info for people who haven't served any time and are looking for someone to emulate. At least he seems to be fairly safe with his firearm handling purposes, from what little I saw of them, so on the plus side he isn't out there showing people how to shoot sidearm style out of a moving car window. :cool:

That said, his shotgun is too long in the barrel and I do not believe that stock fits him correctly. Just my $0.02

JD

2. Boris

Boris New Member

...another 'One Book Expert!'............

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I suppose we could send him an e-mail with "DD-214 or STFU" in it. :cool:

JD

4. coltm4

coltm4 New Member

I just watched one of the videos. i agree, at least he's handling his weapons safely. i'm the furthest thing from being an expert but i have had a little bit of training and experience. that comment about the sling is BS. yes i know about the SAS but that was a long time ago (1970s). the practice of not using a sling is antiquated. ask this mall ninja (refering to the video) what he's going to do with his rifle when he has to carry his wounded buddy to the medevac chopper. what about when he has to flex cuff the HVT after clearing the room? this doesn't sound high speed or anything but what does this guy do on the chow line? i suppose he places his rifle in the sand for the 1st sergeant to find.

5. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I've already had some YouTube dialog with the guy...

He doesn't lie about his experience, or lack thereof, but I still haven't gotten his motives out of him. He doesn't give any kind of background in tactical training, he just goes on about how he knows he's right, and guarantees any reputable instructor will back most, if not all, of what he's saying.

There's a 14-page thread on the militaryphotos.net forums just absolutely bashing the guy... and I can see why.

I'm not really getting anywhere with the YouTube exchange, because it's so easy to only respond to selective aspects of each message, and there's no quoting. I invited him to continue the chat with me via email, so we'll see what happens.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

coltm4, I would completely agree with you. Clearly the process of carrying your rifle is not really an up to date practice, especially given the battle field of today, I was just trying to draw parallel to where it might have been relevant. Your comment about the chow line is classic, I would love to get a live feed with that guy and ask him about that practice, that would be priceless internet history.

I was merely pointing out that, while he obviously isn't Spec Ops, he at least isn't out there performing a bunch of combat rolls with face paint on, claiming to be Richard Marcinko. :cool:

The guy is obviously starved for attention, and I would suspect he is fairly well read, from suburbia, and has never seen a combat zone that didn't involve a prepaid credit card at the local internet cafe', or a home gaming system with a DSL connection.

It's still a free country. At least for a few more months...

JD

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  7. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

You mean there really are people who do that!? :eek:

LOL... he's only got 8 videos up so far, and I could see some like that coming up in the not-so-distant future.

As articulate as the guy seems to be, I'm seriously considering this might be a big spoof.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No. I was wrong. I apologize to the forum for misleading them. :cool:

NO, the guy is well read. He has, at least, studied the art of firearms and the safe handling procedures behind them. This guy isn't just someone who watched too many movies, but it is someone who has had some training and honestly believes he is providing a service to the the "Tacticool" and layman community.

Whether or not this guy believes what he is selling, that is a whole 'nother story....

JD

9. glockfire

glockfire New Member

3 Point sling my friends, drop to the chest, unholster pistol, takes just as long as setting your rifle against something.

And i fully believe that if he was in fact MIL, he was obviously a jealous Pogue or REMF.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  10. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

He's not any of that. While he's not lying about what he's not, he's certainly not offering up what he is, either. I'm drawing the conclusion he's a white supremacist. On his profile, he's got "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" listed in his books section. Not that reading the book would automatically trigger a label, but the anonymity combined with the wanna-be special forces get up sure does raise some flags.

...and I'm totally with you on the 3-Point sling, only I can do that a LOT faster than "setting it against something".

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

'shok - You seem to have the most interaction with him date. Do you know where he is from? The state at least? I think your observation may tie in with what I have gleamed from his writings and that video. I haven't read Rise, so I can't say one way or the other on that, but I still suspect the guy is well read.

A scary thought is that these mall ninjas ( which was a great term who ever offered that up earlier - coltm4? ) could actually be "allies" should a real SHTF situation occur. :eek::eek::eek:

JD

12. coltm4

coltm4 New Member

dillinger, i understand what you were saying about the historical significance regarding the non-use of a sling. just like you said, i think this guy is well read. i read another book written by the author of Bravo-Two-Zero. i forget the guys name but he was in the British SAS and he talks about the practice of not using a sling on their heavy FN FALs.
    if this guy is a white supremacist then maybe it's good he's not well trained. you don't have to be former mil or LE to be proficient. you just have to have the ability to separate the BS from reality. even in the mil and in law enforcement you hear a lot of BS from so-called experts. it's everywhere you go. some the best gunfighters in this country are products of competition shooting.

13. coltm4

coltm4 New Member

just needed to add somthing. check out what EliteTeamfighterRoxx posted on youtube. it's a spoof on the "real" elite team fighter. LOL

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Agreed. The blokes name is Andy McNabb, though that is not his real name. Real bad @ss from the throw back era of the hard nosed SAS. Bravo Two Zero was a serious gut check situation and he passed with flying colors. I think the book you are talking about is Immediate Action, which was his other best seller. I enjoyed that one too, but I thought Bravo Two Zero was better only because of the mental anguish that went along with it.

JD

15. Boris

Boris New Member

Dillinger: If you are interested you may enjoy the book written by a comrade of McNabb who was also on the Bravo Two Zero mission, gives another prospective which was made into a TV documentry/film, 'The One that Got Away', by Chris Ryan..

Ryan was the only one to make it back after a grueling march at night and several contacts with Iraqi units..

Chris Ryan was at one time I think the technical advisor for the TV SAS series (the first series) of the Ulitimate Warrior (not sure if it's been on US TV)....

16. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

There's another guy who made a spoof... look in the "Favorites" of EliteTeamFighter.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thanks Boris, I have heard of him but haven't picked his book up as of yet. I know that poor bastard had to march for days in freezing temps at night, across hundreds of clicks to get to a safe zone. I believe, if I remember correctly from the story, he was one of 4 or 5 and two of them just got lost in a sandstorm and were never seen again.

I might pick that up as I am nearing the end of my current true crime novel and in need of another good read before bedtime.

Many Thanks!

JD

18. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I could only stand to watch the first video. I think he's read a lot of back issues of SOF magazine. His safety reminders are great, but other than that, well, I think he's a tool. As mentioned above, starved for attention. Put the rifle down because it jambs? I'll take that challenge. There's a lot of ways to transition to a sidearm even without a sling but the "put it down and pick it up when you're done" method? Not that I am an expert either, but I wouldn't advocate putting any of my weapons on the ground, jambed or not. He's a tool.

19. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I don't know where he's from. He offered to give me his identity what "guarantees" that I wouldn't divulge it. I told him I wasn't legally bound to keep his identity a secret, but I gave him my word. He told me he thinks with that declaration I was being a "wolf in sheeps clothing."

I just sent him back a pretty long post on YouTube basically saying I wasn't after WHO he is, but WHAT he is and why he's doing what he's doing. I don't really care WHO he is, but I'm in the tactical training industry, and I'm pretty protective of the professionalism we must maintain. I also value our 2nd ammendment rights. I believe his videos are damaging to both.

He's keeping the YouTube dialog going, and I'm glad.

Oh yeah, and the term "mall ninja" was coined after a guy got on the forums named "Gecko45"... who admitted to being a mall security guard, but kept claiming he was part of an elite response unit with sniper rifles, SMGs, etc...