Eliminate Armed security For The President

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Vikingdad, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Sign this petition to put the President on equal security footing with our nations most valuable assets and resources, our children.

http://wh.gov/Qj6a

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I would suggest that the President like all other citizens get a concealed carry permit and a nice pistol. Oh! Sh&t that won't work. He can not pass a back ground check. You have to prove you are a U.S.Citizen.:rolleyes:

3. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

He's the president, he can do whatever he wants right? :)

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Tricky Dick thought that too,.:p

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That could be considered entrapment!:p

Didja sign guys?

6. spottedpony

spottedpony New Member

Seems to me he at least considers himself to be above the law, thus entitling him to do what ever he wants.
    Sadly Obummer isnt the only one to forget the part of his oath of office that says he swears to uphold the constitution, not change it to, among other things, outlaw firearms and make illegals citizens.

Where does the ultimate blame lie? with the voters. Too many people have forgotten its the citizens that are supposed to run the government, and not the other way around.

7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I have no problem with his security, but the government needs to 'trust' us with our 'right' to be armed and to defend ourselves. Just leave us to heII alone!!!:mad:

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That is exactly the point. The government is forcing the citizens to not protect our own children in their schools. If its good enough for our children then its good enough for the President.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As a resident of the District of Columbia, he COULD get a permit to KEEP a handgun there at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, but he cannot get a permit to CARRY. DC don't do concealed, ya know. :p

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Military on duty are usually exempted from restrictions about carrying and types of firearms used.

He's the head of the military, he could carry whatever he wanted.

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Oh really? Then why don't we see our active duty military who do support their 2A Rights doing so?

Quite simply because you are wrong. It doesn't work that way.

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

When is The President not on duty? Military members (myself included) can and do carry otherwise illegal firearms while performing military duties.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

And just how often do you see the Joint Chiefs of Staff carrying weapons while on duty in Washington DC? Or when they are in the White House or the Capitol building speaking to Congress? Or anyone in the Military?

As far as I am aware it is not a common occurrence. Perhaps you know differently.

My point, and the point of the petition, is that it is inherently unequal for the President to go everywhere with an armed entourage while our children by law cannot be protected with arms when they are in school.

14. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Why would the Joint Chiefs or the President walk around carrying. They have security for that.

I do understand the point of the petition.

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Well then. Lets move along. Shall we?

16. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Not going to happen. It would be a precedent for future POTUS down the road. The position and the intellegence possessed by the POTUS, as well as the polital implications of a successful attack or capture would be too detrimental to the Nation and National identity, whether I agree with his possition on issues or not. The Office of President still needs the security.

17. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I spent 5 years active and 8 years in the NG and we were NEVER exempt. When did this start?????:confused:

18. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

While you are absolutely correct about that, it is an important message. That is the reason I signed it. Sometimes it is the message that is more important than the issue.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

A lot of uniform-wearing readers just threw up in their mouths a little there.

Sometimes, a theory needs real world testing. Surely a Chicago democrat would go along with it?

20. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Nice to see happen, but this is obviously just a sarcastic jab that even the petitioners know isn't going to happen, this is just to get heard.