elecronic ear plugs

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Kdub, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Does anybody know if there is an affordable (under 100 bucks) electronic ear plug made? The kind that allow conversation noise to pass but block loud noises. I hunt waterfowl a lot and do a lot of shooting. It's taking its toll on my hearing. I want to be able to converse with hunting partners but block out muzzle blast. The only ones I have found range from 500-2000 dollars. I hate muffs and don't need an amazingly great pair just something that Will work semi decent. Any ideas or feedback from products you have tried?

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I recommend Howard Leight Impact Sport. It is my first electronic ear muffs. Works well, not too slim/ bulky in size and cheap!! Got it from Amazon for less than $45 shipped. Check it out bro.

*Edited* Oops sorry.. i missed the part you said hate ear muffs. My bad :p

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Surefire earpro work great in that type of situation. They suck total @ss for handguns but rifle shotgun they work good. They arent electronic and run about 8$ on the cheap end

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I love the $20 pair i got from Bass Pro. They are green, thin and either store brand or something i have have never heard of before. They amplify the sound for conversations but clap your hands or fire a gun and it cuts out.

I will see if i can find a link to buy online.

Edit

Caldwell is the brand. Here is an amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001B8ONZI

5. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude New Member

Man those look good. I'm going to pick up a couple. Thank you for posting this

6. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

Wait! Harbor Freight tools has the same ones for 14.99. I got some and they work great, take 2 AA batteries and do what they're supposed to do.

7. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

Gay Hispanic model not included;)