Elcan Specter DR 1-4X

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by rifleman88, Feb 5, 2014.

1. rifleman88

rifleman88 New Member

2. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Elcans are great I knew a few Canadian spec ops guys that were issued them for Afghanistan and they loved it. It is really rugged and the ability to just flip from cqb to a 4x scope is pretty cool.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

The current versions work well. Earlier models had a lot of issues. This is not counting anither major issue ill detail

Im not a fan of em. Too heavy and i dont care for the reticle.

The mount system is by arms and the mounts sucketh much hindass. There is no other option. The mounts tend to shoot loose and have return to zero issues. Thats the biggest drawback to me. You can tighten em so they dont move but you pretty much have to use it is a stay in place never remove it optic.

My next issue is the reticle is red me no likey red reticles. They are difficult for me to pick out on green backgrounds.

If it wasnt for the mounting issue i would say its a neat little optic. Butttttt i think its overpriced for what it is. With all the nice true 1x optics in the crop of 1-4 and 1-6 scopes out now i would be hard pressed to choose an elcan even if they fixed their mounting issue

4. rifleman88

rifleman88 New Member

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.