Egg Nog

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Yes. Great stuff. It makes the holidays for me.

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Yes, but only if it's laced with brandy, bourbon or rum.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. I could take it or leave it. It's okay.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Vile stuff. I can hardly stand to look at it.

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. I prefer beer. (Must have beer option)

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Other.........

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I was doing some grocer shopping today and passed the dairy section. There were some cartons that didn't look familiar and on closer inspection I saw they were cartons of egg nog. Personally, I can't stand the stuff. It's thick and cloying in my mouth. I don't care if it's laced with some alcohol. I just can't drink the stuff. My oldest son loves it. He drinks it in moderation because the calorie content is incredibly high. For him, it's a great treat.

What is your opinion? This is my annual Egg Nog poll. :D

2. rurak

rurak New Member

I like it. My 4 year old daughter cant get enough of it. She would drink it everytime she is thirsty if it was up to her

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

A rude awakening when, half asleep, you pour it on your Cheerios! *gag* My lady loves the stuff. First time she ever tried it, my aunt laced it with moonshine. Aunt asked if she would like white or brown in her eggnog- my lady thought she meant sugar. She said white.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

as a kid i loved it. now as an adult i will have one or two glasses and thats all. it just seems overpoweringly sweet to me these days.

5. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd rather just drink the brandy or bourbon and leave the nasty nog to others.

6. Seven

Seven New Member

Christmas and grandma's eggnog. Like peanut butter and jelly. The store bought stuff I can live without.

7. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Yuck! Nothing more to say.

8. tri70

tri70 New Member

We always get some every week, the kids have drank a 1/2 gallon already. I usually mix with Captain Morgan or butterscotch rum.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Love it. But, since I've noticed I'm putting on a few pounds after quitting smoking (I was afraid that would happen), I won't be having any of that or the fruitcake.

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I love the Creamland and the Eggnog Costco sells by the Gallon! :D

11. winds-of-change

It's so thick.........it's like drinking Elmer's glue. Ick.

12. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

It's how dad and I get through dealing with some of the family during the holidays. A gallon of egg nog and a bottle of SOCO usually does the trick

13. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Has anyone tried the Southern Comfort Egg Nog? It's non-alcoholic but Southern Comfort makes it. It's like drinking melted ice cream. I thinks it's good in extreme moderation.

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

as a child when we went to family Christmas parties, there were always two different egg nogs, adult and non-adult egg nogs! i learned from an early age the adult version was much better!

15. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I have one before bed almost every night from Thanksgiving through New Years.

16. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

No Nog, thats gross crap! Kinda like the fruitcake, not all that edible but a must have in the back of every refrigerator this time of year (Although I do like Claxton Fruitcake!). Good Beer is General Fare but I do love a touch of my Gentleman Jack when I get laid back in my Library!

Short story- I met a kind soul on this Gunboard when I first joined and helped link her up with the gun dealer at a World Renowned Auction House to sell her Dads very Rare Cased Webley Fosbery. Dug up some possible Provenance on the piece, did some bridging and it sold pretty well (Over 20K). She re-payed me by first sending me a bottle of Gentleman Jack Before the Auction, then a couple weeks ago a Bottle of Single Barrel Jack came in the mail! She is such a doll, I couldnt believe my eyes! Who says their isnt a Santa, her name is Kim!

Think about this a moment folks, I did what I did for Kim just because, I didnt seek any profit or gifts, honestly, I just enjoyed the conversation with someone about something we both appreciated, the WF! Her gifts were plenty generous and totally unnecessary but she's a gem and took the time to say thanks in a special way!

That bottle is sitting on my bookshelf waiting for the Christmas Spirit to strike me and it will, I cant wait! I hope it hits y'all also even if your drinking that yucky Nog-Nog Goo!

17. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I like it with a moderate splash of Captain Morgan after dinner or lunch or.....;) But I still like beer better:D

The ladies like their Mimosas for Christmas brunch, I changed it for the guys a few years ago and we have Orange shine. It seems to keep everyone on the happy side.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

I like a bit of the nog; i like it with or without alcohol. I do NOT like buttermilk! The other day i poured myself a little glass of the nog at mom's house (non-alcoholic nog) and apparently confused the carton for buttermilk with the egg nog carton, GAG-O-MAGGOT.

19. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Always look forward to the time of year when the nog is available! I do have to do it in moderation, DAMN is there a lot of calories and fat in that stuff! And even though I have a lactose tolerance problem I still enjoy it. For me there has to be some brandy in it with fresh ground nutmeg on top.

20. winds-of-change

What a very nice story.

Buttermilk should only be used for baking. I don't like it, either. Couldn't you see the difference in consistency when you poured it? I don't like drinking buttermilk but I love buttermilk pancakes, buttermilk biscuits, etc.