Ed Brown 1911SF Redux

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by sheller1773, Dec 27, 2013.

1. sheller1773

sheller1773 New Member

Just got it back from EBP Custom shop.... They did great work and Justin was wonderful to work with. I actually hand delivered it to them when I was down their way and they had it back to me in 15 days! I couldn't be happier, going from the old color to the new and adding the custom options! Hope you all enjoy the pics, she shuuure is purrrty!!

As for the custom options are concerned, I went with an "Ambi" safety, Magwell and extended mag release and of course the new "Stealth Grey" Gen III Hardcoat.

Attached Files:

2. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Congrats that is a nice gun. Ed Brown is a great 1911.

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Sheller,

Very, Very Nice!

4. sheller1773

sheller1773 New Member

Thanks much for the comments! I have had this since 2008 and it needed a makeover. When EBP came out with their "Stealth Grey", I knew I had to have it refinished! lol I currently have a Sig P6/225 in the shop at Allegheny Gun Works and have to decide on a finish. I am thinking traditional Sig, but have given thought to doing a similar refinish as this. Any thoughts? This is what it is and what it will look like pretty much, except the slide will be Cerakoted instead of Blued. Thanks for the comments

Attached Files:

5. sheller1773

sheller1773 New Member

03, where in Tennessee are you located? My parents live down in Mooresburg.

6. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Sheller,
    That is really nice looking. I love the stealth grey finish on your SF...
    I also really like the VZ carbon fiber grips (I just purchased those exact same grips for my EBP stainless Kobra and they look and feel great).
    Also, could you do me a favor and take a closeup pic of the extended mag release?
    I wanted to get a closer look at that (you have a closeup or two of the other side of the pistol but not the side that the mag release button extends out).

Thanks,
    Bart

7. sheller1773

sheller1773 New Member

Bart, I'm on the road for work but will be home this week. I will definitely take some more photos for ya when I get back. Thanks for the comments.

8. sheller1773

sheller1773 New Member

Here's a few more of the extended mag release for ya. I also got a few shots of the magwell in there to boot. Hope these help. I was afraid the mag release would stick out too much but it is just right and I am glad I had it put in.

Attached Files:

9. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Thanks for those extra pics!!! They are nice and detailed closeups.
    Just what I wanted/needed to see. Mine already has the magwell but I think I will also go for the extended mag release now.

10. sheller1773

sheller1773 New Member

You're welcome, Bart. Would love to see your Kobra!

11. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Here are a few pics for you. I do not have any pics taken yet with the brand new VZ carbon fiber grips but here are some with other grips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ed Brown makes a beautiful gun