Earthquakes effect on third largest economy in the world trouble?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by oldshooter, Mar 12, 2011.

1. oldshooter

oldshooter New Member

Any guesses? Looks to be a real mess in the near future.
    I pray for the people affected over there and hope for the best for them.
    Maybe it's just my paranoia but could this be the tipping point for the worlds economy? I cant see the Oboma administration letting this crisis pass.
    Is this another step toward end times?
    I think my blood sugar is low so I will end this and go find a cookie
    Ramble over.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Just prepare for whatever you can as best you can. Then, trust in the Lord and pass the ammunition if necessary. All we can do is all we can do.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I wouldn't get too worried. There will be plenty of Nissan, Toyota and Lexus, Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba, Nikon, Minolta and everything else manufactured in Japan available. Prices may even drop.

The World should be thankful the grain belt in America wasn't descimated along with the California and Florida Agricultural lands. That would be a crisis!

4. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Although I'm sure it'll have a huge effect on Japan's economy, I'm not entirely convinced it'll effect world trade that much.

I don't know how interested anyone is in how the recent floods will effect our economy, but here is a report that's just been released saying that agricultural losses have reached $2.1bn and that reconstruction costs will top $12bn :eek:

http://www.ibisworld.com.au/img/marketing/AustralianFloodsFebruaryUpdate.pdf

Mother Nature sure has dealt out a sh!t of a hand to the South Pacific over the past couple of months.

5. PSmitty1

PSmitty1 New Member

There will be an impact. It depends on the product, service and manufacture. A lot of raw materials used for producing products come from some of the hardest hit areas. Logistics are another concern as far as shipping goes. Prices are sure to go up on products that use memory chips.

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Think of the Beer industry! It would be devastating to it.

/I'm not joking

7. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I look at it like war. Plenty of jobs now for the rebuilding. Could be a good thing for the economy. The problem will be the price gouging for materials to rebuild. Expect the price of lumber to skyrocket.

8. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Quite possible, I think the same might go for steel.